You must Sign In to post a response.
News should be accurate and complete. These type of threads with incorrect/incomplete details will not be accepted.
  • Category: Madhya Pradesh

A cruel joke with the farmers of Madhya Pradesh

His name is Nipana Baijnath. He is a farmer of Agar Malwa of Madhya Pradesh. He owed Rs 24,000/- in debt which stood eligible for the waiver but instead, only a paltry sum was waived. But what is the amount which he has received? He is going to receive a meagre Rs 13/- in the name of full waiver. Unbelievable but true!

Baijnath-ji has said: "The state government had promised to waive loans up to Rs 2 lakh. Forms were filled and I was expecting a complete waiver of my loan amount of Rs 23,815/-. But the list that has come to the panchayat says only Rs 13/- have been waived." The State Government officials expressed their helplessness in this regard. This has happened with many farmers who applied for the loan waiver.

Isn't it a cruel joke with the loan-burdened farmers of Madhya Pradesh?
    When farm loans of up to 2 lakhs can be waived, this news is really surprising. I am yet to understand why the state government pleaded helplessness in this regard. The real reason behind this must be investigated and the farmer has to be compensated accordingly.

In this case, the fault may lie with the Panchayat authorities who forwarded the farmers' application to the respective authorities for loan waiver. I hope there is no politics involved in it though at times, political parties promise many things before the elections and later on they are unable to manage the situation due to various factors. While announcing loan waiver schemes, the government must look into the financial burden to the exchequer and many political parties announce many schemes like these without thinking the financial condition of the state which ultimately increases the burden.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

This is really very strange and demotivating for the farmers that they are not getting the benefits of announced schemes.

I think let us wait and see if there are some typos or computer mistakes as they are often addressed to by the babus in the offices.

The exact criterion followed in working these refunds are to be found out by the local help groups and they should contend it with forceful measures and may be the mistakes if ever happened in these computation could be rectified.

Sometimes the casual approach of office workers leads to such erroneous lists especially when they are working under pressure from top.

Knowledge is power.

It has been reported that a massive loan-waive scam has also been brewing in the state of Madhya Pradesh after reports emerged that various beneficiaries listed by the government eligible for farmer loan waiver did not even exist in reality. Many discrepancies and irregularities are already being unearthed in the loan waiver schemes.
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

The farmer's name is Shivlal Kataria and he is from Nipania Baijnath village in Agar Malwa district. The Cooperative Department Principal secretary clarified that many farmers are confused on the cut-off date. The cut-off date is 31-03-2018 and the loans which were taken after 31-03- 2018 will not be waived. The farmers who have repaid the loan before the cut-off date will not get the benefit of waiver. The Minister also clarified that the list displayed is not the final list and the farmers can lodge their complaints and the government will conduct an inquiry into it. The District Collector also promised to check any mistakes. Hope everything will be sorted out to the satisfaction of the farmers.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Thanks to Mr. KVRR for this update. I have noted that "The cut-off date is 31-03-2018 and the loans which were taken after 31-03- 2018 will not be waived. The farmers who have repaid the loan before the cut-off date will not get the benefit of waiver".

The cutoff date is as per the clarification of the Cooperative Department Principal secretary and that is what I have mentioned.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Definitely so. I have understood the importance and significance of the statement of the Principal Secretary and so I have noted it. Now it's the citizens' duty to explain its actual meaning to the waiting farmers.

The Madhya Pradesh government has said that certain flaws have occurred in the waiver of loans due to the irregularities during the disbursal of loans and have agreed to look into such cases and do the needful. The farmer, Mr. Kataria, has himself said that many farmers are being benefitted by the loan waiver scheme. He has reported the mistake in the calculation to the authorities and has been promised that the matter will be taken care of. The fact being so, it is not understood why such a hue and cry is being created of the issue. Has the government of MP denied the farmer's claim? I would like to reiterate that ISC is not a social platform where half baked news can be published as conclusive facts for the sake of propagating political interests.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

@657377: If there is any information on the supposed scam in the loan waiver scheme of Madhya Pradesh, write to the Madhya Pradesh Government and also to the appropriate agencies that are empowered to investigate such scams.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

I have also read the explanation given by the State government and I hope the problem will be sorted out at the earliest. Many farmers are happy with scheme and I hope the State government will take necessary steps for implementation of the waiver properly.
    drrao
    always confident

The voters needs to get more mature now or else would be befooled by those types of strategies of the elected governance of whatsoever political party.

"The Madhya Pradesh government has said that certain flaws have occurred in the waiver of loans due to the irregularities during the disbursal of loans and have agreed to look into such cases and do the needful. "-----------Without the hues and cries raised by media and other people, the State Government would not admit the fault. So, it is necessary to raise such issues in every platform.

"......ISC is not a social platform where half baked news can be published as conclusive facts for the sake of propagating political interests."--------Who is going to determine whether a particular news-item is half-baked news, or not? Certainly not a person with visible political inclination! Further, which Member (of ISC) has political interests?

This thread itself is an example of spreading halfbaked news. Projecting only the portion that interests some and not disclosing total facts does not seem to be an encourageable proposition.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.