You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019

One of my friend has just come back from Varanasi after attending the Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019. He is very much impressed with the arrangement done for the pilgrims and other visitors. Though crores of people are expected to take a holy dip in the river Ganges but the arrangement is so good that there is no chaos anywhere.

The cleanliness has been given a priority consideration and the temporary residence tents and other facilities are spaciously planned and crowd is being managed in the most efficient manner.

It seems the present Govt has given strict directions to conduct this great festival with utmost care and concern.

By and large people are very happy with the discipline and order in the area.

Have you also gone there for a holy dip? Or you have information in this regard indirectly. Please give it or give your comments in this regard.
    No. Since I am from the extreme south of India, I have not gone to Allahabad(Prayagraj) any time and have not seen the Ganges. I might go there when I will be too old to take a dip in the holy Ganga if time and health permits.

I have something to ask about Kumbh Mela. On TV, I have seen thousands of Naga sadhus in naked form coming to Kumbh Mela 2019. Who are these Naga sadhus? Where do they live? What do they eat? What is their specialty? Are they dangerous to the normal human being?

No life without Sun

I have not gone during this Kumbh Mela. But a family staying near our house in our street went there and had a holy dip. That lady spoke to my wife it seems. They are also happy with the arrangements made. She told that the hygienic conditions are maintained very well and total area is very clean. The police people are also very helpful. There is no problem with pandas Inunderstand.
    drrao
    always confident

I have also seen the TV coverage and it seems that things are being well arranged by the local administration.

People are trying to go there to enjoy the spirit and fun of the place other than the religious thing. This actually takes place only in 6 years alternating between the Full Kumbh and the Ardh Kumbh.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

#657424:
    Naga in Sanskrit means mountain and Naga sadhus are supposed to be from the places in and around mountains. It is believed that they are mostly from Himalayan mountains or foothills or deep forests where they reside in their respective akharas. It is said that they came into existence to protect Hindu dharma from Mughals.

Naga sadhus have renounced everything and have a saint life. They only come out of their closet during Kumbh.

Knowledge is power.

I have never gone to the Kumbh Mela or Ardh Kumbh Mela. It's very difficult to manage it when there are crores of people visiting it. I remember in 1954 there was a stampede at Allahabad during Kumbh Mela. Also in 2013, there was a stampede and almost 50 people were killed in it. Good arrangements are required to avoid such accidents.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• Sign In to post your comments