You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why not ban travel if there is huge fog all around?

There are very disturbing reports that indicate the formation of thick fog in so many pockets of India. This year, the winter has been rather severe and when fog envelops the entire area, it becomes very difficult for the person driving a vehicle to negotiate big traffic.

It becomes even more difficult on the Highways. Why not totally ban traveling between 3 AM and 6 AM of all cars and trucks? This will reduce the traffic on the roads and the buses should also be advised to go at a minimum speed.

Is this practically possible? Or is there any other suggestion? For example, diverting traffic on roads other than Highways is one sure suggestion that can help to reduce the magnitude of the problem.
    I don't know if it's possible to control traffic when there is thick fog. It's very difficult to drive when it happens. I remember last year this time we used to have thick fog in Delhi NCR and I use to have shift timings. It was really tough to drive on the highway at 5:50 am. Many times I had thought to take leave when it was foggy but then I thought how many leaves would I take when the whole season it would remain.

It was really tough as you cannot judge where you have to go, one has to follow the vehicle going ahead of you. I had seen lots of accidents on the roads in that season.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

We should try to adjust and live in the thick fog. We cannot take rest and relax due to fog. It is mainly a problem for the drivers to steer safely. For this, vehicles are fitted with fog lights, and the vehicles should move slowly. We cannot ban the traffic due to fog. If a driver cannot drive in fog, he should not sit on the driver's seat.

I remember my Delhi days when the fog used to be present even after 9 a.m.

No life without Sun

"If a driver cannot drive in fog, he should not sit on the driver's seat. "

And Sun when its a compulsion for the people like me as we have to reach office on time. What should we do?.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Sometimes the fog is very thick and people stop driving themselves. The confusion comes when the fog is moderate and people can see to some distances. In such cases one should drive slowly. Accidents happen when people drive fast in those conditions.

It is not practical to control or stop traffic during those times as it is a massive task for the regulating authorities. Individuals have to use their judgement and feel responsible for their actions and then only a solution can emerge.

Knowledge is power.

Sanjeev,
    Take a risk and get into the fog and drive carefully. Chant the name of your favourite God and reach your office safely and securely.

No life without Sun

Sun, yes I do that. I play bhajans on FM in such condition. One day I returned back home from halfway as I found it difficult to drive. You can understand the conditions here in Delhi.
    Sanjeev

It is not possible to ban the traffic everyday early in the morning thinking that there will be a fog. If the fag is really high and people are not able to see definitely they themselves will stop driving. They will not take risk. The vision will be different for different people. So if they can't see the front road clearly they stop driving the vehicle.
    Even the flights will also be rescheduled if the fog is very high. Many times the flights will get delayed because of this reason. Thinking this is it possible to stop all the flights from3 to 6 AM to take offf.

The best way f or that is the driver should take his decision based the condition. Otherwise he will be in trouble and other people in the vehicle will also be at risk.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments