You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Thread of the Week contest- 20th to 26th Jan '19- Winners!

It is really satisfying to note that the forum has started becoming richer with our members coming up with some threads that have the depth in terms of the subject that is being handled. Let us post, read, enjoy and respond to all kinds of threads so that the forum keeps its position as the most vibrant section of ISC. On that note, we are now announcing the winners of the Thread of the Week contest for the week 20th to 26th Jan '19.

The winner of the contest is the thread Is it correct to compare present-day woman to yesteryear woman? by Shampa Sadhya. The thread, basically a reaction to another thread and the responses therein, appeared to be the voice of women today. The author could vehemently draw the attention of the readers to some very pertinent aspects that need serious attention in the changing scenario.

It has been decided to award Special Prizes to the following threads-

1.How to deal with that inexplicable moment of feeeling a bit down? by Vandana. Feeling down or being depressed is a mood that most of us experience at times. It is a psychological problem that is being considered by experts as a social issue requiring immediate intervention by the authorities. The thread is drawing our attention to this problem and is asking for suggestions to overcome such mood swings.

2.When in conflict with someone, place yourself in other person's shoes by Vij. This thread has a positive message. The suggestion by the author that one should put himself in another's shoes before saying or doing anything can, if considered seriously, make the world a better place to live in.

3.Money magnifies character by Iti Tyagi is actually a food for thought. The author's suggestion that money does not change a person is very much valid. Money can only bring out a trait that is already there within a person.

4.Learn from past, plan for future and live in present by Umesh is another thread that opens our eyes to the reality of life. It might not be a new thought but definitely has some freshness that can make us feel good.

The winner will get a reward of Rs 60/- and 60 points and the Special Prize winners will get Rs40/- and 40 points each.

Other suitable threads, if any, would also be awarded suitably.

Friends, please join me in congratulating the winners!
    My heartiest congratulations to all the winners of the TOW award.
    No life without Sun

My hearty congratulations to all the winners of the TOW award. I am extremely thankful to the Lead Editor for considering my thread as relevant and prizeworthy.
    shampasaid

My congratulations to the winner and all the special prize winners of the TOW contest. All the threads are unique and carrying important messages. All these interesting threads and the responses of members make the atmosphere vibrant. My best wishes to all the winners and the members and hope they will continue this wonderful work all the time.

Well done! Keep the flow of discussion moving and post more such interesting threads.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

This is to congratulate the winners of the TOW of the week awards. The selected threads are really good and carrying good messages. The selection is unique. I hope the winners will continue their good work and win many more awards and prizes in the coming days. The thread which has won the TOW award by Shampa Sadhya is unique and it deserves the award. All the best to the winners
    drrao
    always confident

Congrats to all the TOW winners. These were all good threads especially the thread started by Shampa. When she started the thread I was confirmed that she will win the TOW award for the same. Well done Shampa hope to see many more such threads in the future.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

I thank ISC for selecting my post for award under this particular TOW and at the same time take this opportunity to congratulate all the other winners for their respective awards.

Keep contributing and all the best.

Knowledge is power.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

Congratulations to all the winners of the last week's ToW. All the award-winning threads have immense depths. I find that over a period of time, the Members are raising more and more thought-provoking and serious threads. This is a good sign.
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Happy to have my thread selected alongside those of the forum stalwarts. Congratulations to Shampa for winning the weekly prize and Iti Tyagi, Vij and Umesh for being special award winners. The forum has indeed become wonderfully vibrant with good topics coming up for discussions and the responses, too, are interesting to read and debate upon.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Every week we eagerly await for the TOW awards. I congratulate all the winners for their respective post and wish them good luck for their future endeavors.

All the best.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Thank you so much for motivating and in fact allowing us for further thought-provoking questions.
    Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

Congrats to all the prize winners in the TOW contest.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.