You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Full form in school names

Recently I added a school profile in the school section, after checking whether such school is already existing. I did not find any post in the name of that school, then I posted.

Governement Boys' Higher Secondary School

After a review by the editors, it was deleted mentioning, "Duplicate post". I wondered and again gone through the list of schools in Chennai. Then noticed that the school was existing and some short forms are used in the school name.

Already existing school's link: Govt. Boys Hr.Sec School

I am not telling my post is right, and so mine has to be approved. Now, I have updated my data to the existing school post. But I request the editors to add the full form of the School names in the title. It would be helpful in the search. There is a separate space for giving school's short forms/ other popular names while giving school details.

Note: many school names start with Government are mentioned as Govt. Kindly change it.
    Dear Srimathi
    First of all thanks to the attempt to add a new school in our database but unfortunately the name of this school is already on our list. I hope you will try another school in our database
    Note: Please Properly close HTML tags in any section

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Yes, the told correction has made in my post.
    Hope my request on changing Govt to Government can be accepted in school names. Also any short forms, unless it is known that way , can be avoided.

Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

Srimathi,

You have made a valid point. Thank you. We have corrected the name in the school post mentioned in this thread. Note that while giving an update, members have mentioned the correction in the name of the school and this has been rectified along with other update info. which they submit. So the next time you give an update, you can also mention the correct full name of the school.

Further, when tuning some of the schools which were submitted in the early years of ISC, we have been making the necessary changes. For example, a post with GGHS in the name has been rectified with the correct name as Government Girls' High School and one with BHSS has been rectified with the correct name as Boys' Higher Secondary School after a due check through the official website or reliable online sources.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank you for validating my request and for providing clarification mam.
    Sri Vetri
    Spread Positivism

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.