You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Request: Please don't confuse the already confused man!

On 4th February 2019, I raised the following thread:-

How many of you remember Nani Palkhivala's budget analysis?

In this thread, I discussed/tried to discuss the budget analysis used to be done by eminent jurist Late Nani A Palkhivala during the seventies and eighties in Bombay (now Mumbai). Three Members responded to this thread. From their responses, I understood that none of them could get the opportunity to read the brilliant analysis of Late Mr. Palkhivala. But that is not the issue.

This simple thread was abruptly locked with a cryptic comment: "Refer this thread"

Now I am totally confused. That thread discusses the current interim budget proposal. Is Late Mr. Palkhivala relevant to that thread? If yes, then how? I humbly request the concerned Editor not to confuse an already confused man.
    Partha,

From what I understood of your thread, you raised a query about 'how many remember...' - exactly what do you expect to discuss in such a thread where members will simply say 'No...etc etc" ? Hence the thread was locked and a link was given to the current interim budget's thread to remind you that there was a thread on a budget. In the current thread, you could, perhaps, have briefly mentioned a few similar benefits/downsides of that budget of yore with the current one. If one wishes, one can really apply one's mind and put in good discussions in related threads without really taking the current thread off-track and not needlessly get confused.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Although I have not understood the justification given by the ME, I am forced to accept the decision. What more can I do?
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

I do not agree with locking of Partha's thread as it was a different subject. It was to know whether anyone knows Nani Palkhiwala of the past who was a budget analyst. It has no connection with the present interim budget. The thread should have been kept open rather than locking it. What harm if it was left open? Anyway, the boss's action cannot be questioned.
    No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.