You must Sign In to post a response.
We had a different kind of topic-based TOW for the first month of this year. Find out who bagged the prizes and cheer them!
  • Category: Winners

January 2019 photo-based TOW - winners

We got some fairly nice writeups for our January 2019 Topic-based TOW with a new dimension, namely of providing a photo instead of a topic. From the 14 entries, we have selected two winning entries. Three other entries have been selected for the consolation prizes.

The winning entries are those submitted by Shampa Sadhya and Neeru Bhatt. They each win a cash prize of Rs.70/-.

The winners of the consolation prize of Rs.50/- each are Sankalan Bhattacharya, Juana and Aditya Mohan.

Congratulations to all of you!

Like we did for this one, we may come up with different types of concepts for the month-end TOW. Suggestions are welcome in a response to this thread.
    Hearty congrats to all the winners of the photo-based first TOW contest at ISC. Well done Shamba Sadhya, Neeru Bhatt, Sankalan Bhattacharya, Juana and Aditya Mohan.
    No life without Sun

My congratulations to all the winners and my co-winners of the consolation prizes of this photo-based TOW contest. This time, there is a variation by introducing the concept of a picture to describe the ambience that is coming to the participants' minds. This concept is very interesting and all the participants have shown their creativity keeping in mind the picture.

I would suggest a contest based on handling different situations. Suppose one is lost in the jungle. What are the efforts one will make to come out of this situation? This is just an example came to my mind and this can be any real-life situations too.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

It was a very interesting contest. I hope the ISC team comes up with more such interesting ideas for the contests. Congratulations to the winners and consolation prize winners of the competition.

A tag line would be better if given along with the photo. It will help to clarify the thought. The whole thread could revolve around that tag line in some way or the other. Members can use it in various forms in their write-up. It will be more like a contest in which photo, as well as a topic, is provided.

Congratulations to the winners and consolation prize winners. Yes, it was an interesting contest.

I would suggest more article writing contests should be started on different topics, crossword puzzles on science, history etc.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

It was an interesting contest and evoked a good response. After quite some time we had good number of entries. I hope we can have more like this in future.

I congratulate all the winners for their respective awards. Some of the entries were really imaginative and fabulous. We enjoyed them.

Well done. Keep it up.

Knowledge is power.

Thank you for the prize. These contests are pretty different from the regular ones and are very enjoyable. I hope I get to participate in many such contests in future. Congrats to all the winners and applause to all the participants. A picture says a thousand words and your entries said thousand stories.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Congratulations to all the winners of the photo based Tow contest for the month of January. A new type of contest and members responded with enthusiasm. I hope the winners will continue their good work and win many more prizes and awards in the coming days.
    drrao
    always confident

I am happy to see my name in the winners. I also congratulate the other winners of this contest.

It was an interesting contest and gave us opportunity to write something after seeing the picture of two kids holding the flags. I think the image triggered many of us to write nice narrations. I enjoyed this contest.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Congratulations to the winners of this special or different type topic. Let there be more similar or modified topics appear for competition.
    tmsankaran

I loved participating in the contest which was very interesting. Let me take the opportunity to congratulate all the winners and wish them the best for the future. I liked reading all the write-ups of the contest. It gives an idea of how far we can stretch our imagination, and come up with some interesting creative piece of writing.

It is always motivating to find my name on the winner's list. Thank you for the award and thank you to everyone for congratulating.

shampasaid

My hearty congratulations to Shampa Sadhya and Neeru Bhatt for winning the photo-based thread of the week contest. I also congratulate Sankalan Bhattacharya, Juana mam and Aditya Mohan for getting the consolation prizes.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Hearty congratulations to all the winners of this Topic-based TOW contest with a new dimension!

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

Congratulations to all the winners.
    "A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak." -Michael Garrett Marino

• Sign In to post your comments