You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

An event of Mahabharatha helped me to achieve something.

Members,
    I am a lover of epic Mahabharatha. One of the event in Mahabharatha helped me to achieve something that I needed. It is Krishna's peace mission to Gauravas court where he demanded Pandava's kingdom back. He pleaded and requested Duryodhan, the Gourava Prince, some villages if not the whole kingdom Indraprasth. Duryodhan denied.

In my case, when I conducted my daughter's marriage, I tried to get hotel accommodation for my guests. As the day had many marriage functions, it was difficult for me to get them as planned. I approached one reputed lodge and requested for five (5) rooms. The manager said,"No room available." I pleaded for three(3) rooms. Yet he said the same.

I said," Dear Manager, In Mahabharatha, Krishna pleaded for 5 villages, and then five houses for Pandava brothers. Duryodhan refused saying not even a pin drop land would be spared. Do you want to be like Duryodhan or help me with one single room." The manager stunned and thought for a while, and said, "Well. I can allot you two good rooms. I am not Duryodhan." I smiled and thanked him for his good understanding gesture.

Yes. Mahabharatha's Krishna helped me to get two rooms.
    First of all, it's not Gauravas its "Kauravas".

There are many instances which i like about Mahabharata. The best one is when both Duryodhana and Arjun went to seek the help of Lord Krishna in the battle. Though Duryodhana reached first still Arjun was promised to get the help of him because he saw Arjun first when he woke up because Arjun was sitting near his feet whereas Duryodhana was sitting beside his head. Also, the way they killed Bhishma, Dronacharya shows how clever was Lord Krishna.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Mr Sun has come with another funny and interesting post. He deserves applause for that. It is interesting to know that with the help of one small scene that you remembered from Mahabharatha, you managed to get two good rooms during times of need. It was very clever of you to use the teachings of epic in seeking what you needed the most. I wish Duryodhana would have behaved in a similar fashion as the hotel manager. In such a case, there would not have been a war and blood would not have been shed.

Mahabharatha is an epic which is full of teachings. Bhagavadgita narrated by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in Kurukshetra is pure knowledge of who we are and how we need to behave. It is more like a practical guide that teaches to explore the inner peace and attain Supreme Soul.

Mahabharat is a great epic and contains numerous such instances, each of which is having a deep meaning behind it.

The story of Mahabharat is a great source of motivation and ideas for many and it is good that you have intelligently applied one of the situation in your real life situation.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

A very interesting post by the author. No doubt Mahabharata is a great epic and a story full of learnings and our moral values. The fight between the evil and good is depicted with the glory of the philosophy of life.

This epic has impressed the readers world around and the learnings in various forms have been acquired by the scholars and philosophers.

Every time you read this you get new ideas and lessons. When I was a student I read this but at that time it was a simple fascinating story of kingdoms and their fights. Later when I again read, it appeared to be a treasure of knowledge, prudence and philosophy which is difficult to fully comprehend also.

It is a great treatise on actions and directs us what to do and what not to do in this material world.

Knowledge is power.

Mahabharata is one of the great epic in all languages. There is no age limit to read it, whoever reads it there
    is an impression, god does exist. In the way the Manager should have got impressed god still does exists in the
    form of Human being. Might be a good reason to provide two room .
    Gods world is full of surprises every human happen to see nowadays.

Sanjeev Gupta,
    Thanks for your good response and for correcting me. K and G is the North and South difference. Acceptable.

My observation in your good response - Arjun was sitting near his feat (Should be feet not feat).

No life without Sun

# Sun yes it should be feet. I have corrected it. Thanks for the same. It happened because of the auto spell check, it changed but my fault is I didn't check.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• Sign In to post your comments