You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

I am both happy and upset

Happy because one of my articles appears on Yahoo, and upset because it wasn't I who posted it there. Happy that my work was considered good enough by those who stole it, and upset because I received neither acknowledgement nor remuneration from them. Happy that someone, in a big company, found content written by me good enough to represent them and upset at the cc, I earned.

While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, copying content is plagiarism. And that is the case here. The original article is posted on ISC, and what appears on Yahoo is verbatim text.

My article has been posted on Yahoo, by CommonFloor, which is owned by Quikr. It's a shame that they chose to steal my work rather than hire/pay someone to create content for them.

I don't want to file just a DMCA, I need assistance in getting the article removed from Yahoo. Is there any way of doing this?
    Juana,

You can submit a copyright infringement notice at this page. If it brings no result, then please inform Tony Sir directly and he will do the needful.

Also, Yahoo is now part of Oath, so perhapas you can file the complaint at this page as well.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Reading your post, I went to that site and saw it. I have given my comment as a warning to the copycat. We must fight these mischievous elements.

My comment link is -
    https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/create-perfect-room-teens-135811554.html?bcmt=1

Hope it helps.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

These people are too smart. They have removed my comment.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Yep. I just checked with the link but couldn't get the content but instead got diverted to something else I am not intended for. Might have got removed.

I also checked it. At present there is no comment there. If they have removed the comment they must have got the message out of it and let us hope that soon they will remove the copied contents also.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments