You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

What did he say? What does it mean?

Yesterday, Shri Rahul Gandhi addressing the Indian Air Force personnel, asked, "Now, my friends in the Air Force, pilots, remember one thing, this 30,000 crore could have been used for your safety, this 30,000 crore could have been given to your family, this 30,000 crore could have given to you, when you die in a plane crash."

Please read the last portion again. He said: "........this 30,000 crore could have been given to your family, this 30,000 crore could have given to you when you die in a plane crash."

What did he wish? What did he want? Did he want more and more Air Force personnel to die in a plane crash?

How do you interpret his speech? What did he mean?
    Some politician talk such things in desperation and frustration. Talking about the corruption without background data and without solid statistics is only an act of alleging and that any person can do.

Gullible public may like such baseless remarks and enjoy them and even vote for such orators but wise and knowledgeable people will simply laugh on such jocular data presentation.

It is a pity that some people just for their political gain talk like that in the public forums. We would welcome the speech if it had some facts and figures laced with home work. But nothing seems there like that. These are hollow statements and may not impress any educated person.

Knowledge is power.

Another usual and intentional misquote from the author. I do not intend commenting on such creative ideas but, for the benefit of all, quote the actual sentence spoken by Rahul Gandhi. He said, "............ My friends in the Air Force, pilots, this Rs 30,000 crore that could have been used for your safety, for your families, when you die if the plane crashes,". I suggest members note the difference in the sentences before clearing the doubts of the author.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

The post has been edited and it has not been mentioned. This is expected from the great Editor. Further, whatever I put inside the inverted commas, have been taken from a news-item/from the internet sources.
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Partha, it may please be noted (since you have been repeating the point time and again) that it is not required to notify the authors that a post has been edited. We generally do it only (and not necessarily in all) in such cases where the language/ spellings/ content have been corrected so that the author can check his mistakes. Please refer to this thread.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

Now a days so many things are coming in news and social media that it is difficult to decide whether they are genuine or not. Sometimes they are altered from their original form and put back in the media.

This is a big problem and it becomes difficult for a sincere and honest person to comment on that.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Saji Ganesh Sir: Most respectfully I am mentioning the following for your kind perusal:-
    "Partha, it may please be noted (since you have been repeating the point time and again) that it is not required to notify the authors that a post has been edited"-------------------As far as I remember, I did not raise the issue of editing of my post during last six months. Kindly let me know when I last raised the issue of editing of my posts before today.

Ms. Neeru Bhatt: Madam, the video containing the exact speech of the leader is already available on the web.It shows that the leader said: "this 30,000 crore could have been given to your family, this 30,000 crore could have given to you .....ummmm.... when you die in a plane crash."

An immature speech from a great leader of an old party. He could have simply said that the amount could have been used for the welfare of the Airforce personnel. Why only the pilot of the Airforce. Why not other Airmen? Why should he think about air crash and pilot deaths? He is a small leader with a negative attitude/negative thinking.
    No life without Sun

We all know the speaking skills of Rahul Gandhi. It is also one such issue. We can laugh at it and leave it. These days there is no other point to him to talk about this issue. He wanted to say again and again the same thing in different ways. The amount spent by the government is for the safety of the entire nation but not alone for the safety of airforce people and pilots. This is the point what clarified by the Supreme Court also. The equipment we have for defence is getting outdated and it is very essential to strengthen them to safeguard the nation.
    Anyhow, let us not worry about these premature talks. Let us wait and see, how good are our voters. We will understand the actual position in the coming elections. Whether the public will make a note and give importance to this case is a question mark. But Congress is not finding any other point against Modi to say that he is corrupt. So they are trying all the ways and means to give publicity to this issue.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments