You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Ask Expert editors - Small quotations are sometimes fine I guess

This is regarding my response in https://www.indiastudychannel.com/experts/45676-scince-stream-without-maths.aspx

It has been rejected mentioning that some part is copied. The answer required me to quote some part. I feel this is reasonable usage of text present elsewhere and should not be a reason for deletion. Requesting for a review of editor decision.

P.S. Requesting only editors participation in this thread.
    Neelam,

We will check it out and get back to you.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Neelam,

We re-checked the information given to you and as per our views, you did not really need to quote the text verbatim. Instead, it would be nice to get across the info in your own way and give the source (giving the source was the right thing to do). You have also put in text not really required (the part of what Mathematics is about). Overall, the answer could definitely have been trimmed and made more concise with only the important part about not being forced to take up the subject. Accordingly, we have shifted your answer to pending status for modification.

Henceforth please try not to provide excessive details which are not really required.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Sign In to post your comments