You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Love makes the World go round

Love is the feeling of compassion that we experience towards one another. Love doesn't exist only between humans but also between animals, plants and other beings. If it is true, it makes a difference in the world. When an individual experiences the difference in the world, it makes the world go round for him/her.

Love is calm and still. We are the ones who create the turbulence in the relationships and then we blame love for it. Today is Valentine's Day. It is a day which is all about love. It is a day to spread the love around us. It is a day to express feelings of love. It is a day to make our loved ones feel special.

Though there is no such hard and fast rule that we need to express love on this particular day itself as it can be carried out throughout the year. Still, it is good to know that there is a day especially celebrated globally where the people try to express their love and feelings to their special someone by making them feel special.

How do you all feel about this special occasion?
    Happy Valentine's Day to all the members of ISC. Love is to be shared by all with all. Love is not only between a boy friend and girl friend. It need not be between life partners alone. Mother has to love her child, Children should love their parents. Brothers and sisters should love each other. Love is of different types.
    In the name of Valentine's Day many young people are trying to misuse the occasion. But let us understand the pious nature of love and let all of us maintain the santity of the same.

drrao
    always confident

On the one hand, I think the day is milked for all its worth for commercial gains and one tends to see a lot of gaudy, artificial products. Perhaps, even fake feelings of love are tossed around. On the other hand, I think it is quite a romantic concept! As you rightly said though, one doesn't need a calendar date or a specific day in the year to express one's feelings.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Love is the sweet fragrance of affection and attachment and it requires understanding and mutual respect and faith between the people. Just giving some goodies to each other is not the essence of love. It is the sacrifice and concern that matters in love and that is the key to sustain it.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

To me, Valentine's Day has no significance. In fact, I didn't hear about this day in my school and college. I only watch beautiful young women and handsome young men move together on this day. I have also heard that the rose becomes very costly on this day.

In respect of the comments of Ms. Vandana, I must say that all these Father's Day, Mother's Day, Lover's Day, Grandparents' Day, etc. are nothing but commercial gimmick.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Martha k. I agree with you. A celebration of these particular days is nothing but commercial gimmicks. Does celebrating father's day mean we should love father's only on fathers day and live mother only on mother's day. We should always talk of love, respect and affection to everyone including our parents. Always be open for love and restrict this beautiful feeling for just one day. The more we love and respect each other, the more we become happy.
    Don't just celebrate these particular days as the days of love but encourage the bond of love and don't keep such great feelings for particular days to celebrate.

Martha k. I agree with you. A celebration of these particular days is nothing but commercial gimmicks. Does celebrating fathers day mean we should love fathers only on fathers day and live mother only on mothers day. We should always talk of love, respect and affection to everyone including our parents. Always be open for love and restrict this beautiful feeling for just one day. The more we love and respect each other, the more we become happy.
    Don't just celebrate these particular days as the days of love but encourage the bond of love and don't keep such a great feelings for particular days to celebrate.

Hi Martha!
    Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

There are so many days prior to Valentine's Day. Actually, it's a full week consisting of so many days. Let's not try to find the significance of each of those days. Instead, let's spread love and compassion which is the need of the hour.

There are different days to signify a particular issue, but only observing those days just for the sake of observing it is of no use. Where there is love, it always remains and never diminishes. It never depends on whether you celebrate Valentine's day or not.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I believe that why should we just wait for expressing love. Why should we wait for valentine day for it?.

I was just going through Google and found out why people celebrate Valentine day and I was amazed at how can we celebrate a day when someone was executed.

There was a Catholic priest who lived in Rome in the 3rd Century. There are many stories about St Valentine and one of the famous stories which I came to know about Saint Valentine is " At the time of Valentine's life, many Romans were converting to Christianity, but Emperor Claudius II created strict laws about it. Claudius believed that Roman soldiers should be completely devoted to Rome and therefore passed a law preventing them from marrying. St Valentine began to marry these soldiers in secret Christian ceremonies and this was the beginning of his reputation for believing in the importance of love.

Saint Valentine was jailed by Claudius. While imprisoned, Valentine cared for his fellow prisoners and also his jailor's blind daughter. People say that Valentine cured the girl's blindness and before being executed was to write her a love message signed 'from your Valentine'. Valentine was executed on 14 February in the year 270".

Now I find it really difficult to understand why people celebrate a day when he was killed.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Valentine day is just like another festival or opportune time to enjoy with your friends or beloved. It only reminds us that this is the time to renew our vows and promises to each other and do not forget the love ties between us.

Love is the greatest feeling of soothing and togetherness between the people who really love each other. Love is continuous and spontaneous. It does not require a proof to sustain it.

Life without love is meaningless and devoid of the inner happiness and purpose that you are in this world for someones whom you love and there is someone who is waiting for you for eternity.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments