You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is there no solution to end terrorism?

Today in the news there is a bad news of terrorists striking again in Kashmir valley and in this attack a number of CRPF Jawans are killed and wounded.

The terrorism in Kashmir has become a long drawn battle by these elements who are hiding in difficult terrains in and near PoK area and time to time are coming out of their hiding and attacking our country and dislodging the peace and order in Kashmir.

Is there any solution to this problem or it will go like this endlessly killing so many innocent people. Is there no solution to this problem?
    Of course, there can be an end to terrorism provided you get to the root cause of the problem. Everybody wants to end terrorism but nobody is coming forward to stop it. Even those who are capable of stopping it only issue rhetorical statements. They are not sincere to solve the core problem and stop this terrorism.
    Any problem can be resolved If you are sincere to solve it. Using muscular policy is only spreading the hate among communities and the web of violence gets larger without sparing anyone.
    Terrorism can be eradicated provided you want to stop it. There are people who want to continue it by not addressing the core issue.
    Address the problem and terrorism will end.

No, there is no solution to terrorism at the present juncture in India. Why?

We will call our Army Chief 'sadak ki goonda';
    We will compare him with General Dyer;
    Our journalists will cry over the death of a 'poor son of a headmaster';
    Our 'aaman ki asha' brigade members would celebrate with champagne and scotch;
    We will allow people like Gilani to have palacial building in Delhi;
    A former chief minister would grieve the death of 'sons of the soil';
    We will question each and every move of the armed forces;
    We will call for more and more artists from Terroristan in Mumbai film industry;
    We will seek proof of the surgical strike;
    We will demand withdrawal of AFSPA;

and we will seek end to terrorism. It is not possible.

Merciless killing of terrorists, stone-pelters and their intellectual supporters is required. The language of extreme violence needs to be spoken to the barbarians (who understand only this language).
    Every contact with the barbarians needs to be stopped.
    Visa on the medical ground must be stopped.
    Every grant from the international financial organizations to the barbarians must be opposed tooth and nail.
    Regular killing across the border by shelling is needed.
    More draconian law (than AFSPA) must be brought.
    Funds to the terrorists must be squeezed.
    Most importantly, such incidents must not be forgotten within seven days.

Are we game for it? Otherwise, terrorism can't be tackled.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Partha, can we be practical? Are you aware of the ground realities? Don't just spew venom. With due respect to the soldiers who have been martyred and joining the grief of the families who have been affected, let me remind you that this is not the way to deal with terrorism. You, I mean the present government has asked for it due to their immature handling of such issues. Governments must not react like individuals, the way you have done, they should be much more responsible.

We need to remember that unlike a civilized society like us, the terrorists have nothing to lose.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

No, Sir. I am not aware of anything. Only you are aware of everything.

My above response is meant for people who can exercise their intellect in a rational manner, and not for you.

I want help from umar/#658785 in understanding the "the root cause of the problem" (First para) & "the core issue" (the second last para) in order to stop the terrorism. If the author is interested than we can go ahead with a separate thread so that we get stick to the topic only & don't get diverted for whatsoever reasons.

I am deeply sorry for the losses of their families. This was a very distressing and depressing event. But does killing stone pelters and terrorists solve anything? Ofcourse I want to see these shameless mongrels die as well but here is the thing. If history has taught us anything it is that as coercion increases, so does the rebellion. All fascist and totalitarian regimes committed the same mistake. Needless use of force can cause further damage. The issue must be handled like a surgery, removing only the part that is necessary. I am no defense personnel to know the exact details of how to accomplish that but I hope the government figures this out. Hurrying and implementing sanctions now is not a good idea. And neither is an all out strike. A second surgical strike will surely remove this malignancy for now but terrorism often is a problem too big for a single nation to handle, even for a country like India. I am sure that these terrorists use some other type of cryptocurrency or counterfeit notes in their operations. That sort of support must be eliminated. And it takes more than one country to implement measures like that.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Saji Ganesh/ #658793, by your words you are just defending the cross-border terrorism into our land & more or less justifying this act. Even though you are LE but I strongly object to your comment then. In addition, do you believe that it is useless to come-up or make an effort to convince someone who even not interested in listening to you with their mind is full of their own selfish propagandas but instead of this fact we keep on doing with extra efforts with doing debates & discussions in order to let other feel that we are a democratic nation & no matter what we will continue to be the democratic nation because we believe in the Constitution of India & justice without any differences of whatsoever kind. To hell with this because for me it's not working here.

I am surprised that not a single statement on sponsoring terrorism from the neighboring state & the J&K leaders who always venom against this land but inhere too you go on adding, "I mean the present government has asked for it due to their immature handling of such issues".

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Breaking news:

The first baby step has been taken. The MFN status has been withdrawn. Let the terrible people of Terroristan suffer.

This is a very sad incident which occurred yesterday. It's not the first time it happened. This is an nth time such terrorist attack done by the terrorists.

I read the news which says the one who was driving was the suicide bomber who was a local militant Adil Ahmad Dar of Pulwama. He joined the Jaish in 2018.

I think it's not easy to eliminate terrorism from Kashmir because most of the people there dont accept India to be their nation and seems to be against our government. Many times it is seen the public throwing stones on the defence personnel. In my opinion strict actions to be taken against the terrorists and the citizens who support them. Unless the strict action is taken terrorism cannot be stopped. Cross border activities to be monitored rigorously and actions to be taken. We should talk to Pakistan as Pakistan is responsible for spreading terrorism in our country. War is not a solution but Indian needs to talk to Pakistan on this issue.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Terrorism has become a big problem in our country especially the J & K region. More Govt is trying to solve it, more it is getting complicated.

It is true to some extent that it should be dealt sternly but political considerations brake the process.

More serious is the conduct of those who are fuelling this terrorism and giving them support from the background. They are the actually white collar terrorists. They are in fact the anti national elements commonly termed as 'Gaddar' or 'Traitors'.

In my opinion the people who are supporting or instigating or helping the terrorists are equally guilty and if the army is empowered to shoot down the terrorists, logically speaking they should be allowed to shoot down the helpers also. It is only due to the help of the supporters that terrorists are able to harm the army or other para military forces so easily.

Tomorrow, if Govt orders for a combing operation in the region and finds some supporters hiding in safe places then they have to be arrested and kept in the jails for interrogation and punishment. On this point there should not be any confusion.

Earlier in China, terrorist activities were there but with time their army and police has shot down the culprits and their helpers without court cases and the western part of China where many terrorist hide outs were there is now free of terrorists.

We are a democracy and we can not go to that extent but there is no harm in judicious killing of these culprits one by one whenever they are encountered. They have to be shot down by the Jawans before they throw grenade on them. It is time that Govt will have to take bold steps in this matter.

Knowledge is power.

#658818/Sanjeev Gupta, a simple clarification is required here that whether or not we were involved in any dialogue process since more than 70 years of our existence then? My reaction would be that we should be ashamed of ourselves of our inability for being unpreparedness for the required actions on such accounts.

I personally do feel that we are not weak but we have more internal enemies then external enemies to deal with & that's were we are delayed on the responses from our side. Let's wait for some more time & you will be evident of the cheapest of the statements from different political parties including NGOs & Human Right Activists who never favored our brave army. Our entertainment industries too have now gone to sleep is what the reality of today's India.

After noting the reaction of the Editors in respect of my previous responses, I have changed my stance. We must talk to the barbarian and sub-humans and hand over the valley to them. At the same time, we must ask the Kashmiri Pandits, the original inhabitants of the valley, to go to hell.

I hope that the intellectual Editor(s) will award some cash credits to me!

#658821/Umesh, there is no denying the fact that I completely agree with you here with full support. There is no other way. Enough is enough.

#Ved Prakash yes we are doing it for last 70 years but now the way we talked in those 70 years should be changed challenged Pakistan that if they don't stop here they will have to bear the consequences and should prepare for the war and should be prepared like Israel does against the terrorism and India will adopt there way to keep peace in India and no doubt we are capable of doing this.
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Let us not make this issue also something like other political threads. The jawans we are suffering for the welfare of the country were died because of the brutal act of the terrorist. Let all of us pray that the souls of these Jawans will rest in peace.
    Whenever we here such news we feel very sorry for the innocent people. I think a time has come to settle the issue with the neighbouring country. Now it is do or die situation. We can't go on tolerating their misdeeds forever like this.

drrao
    always confident

#658829/Sanjeev Gupta, the actions & the consequences doesn't seems to be as simple as it seems to be from outside. This needs to be understood that Pakistan is a rough state with uncontrolled administration & this completely owned & controlled by the ISI & driven by the two motives only which is their religion & the enmity against our country but at the same time no faith in humanity or the existence for the others. Although, the Pakistan can't be compared with the mighty strength of ours & in that scenario the Pakistan will left with the only option to use the nuclear weapon. Inhere making Pakistan completely isolated on the world stage will lead to its slow death by itself & can only be the good option which will eradicate their inner capability on every grounds.

This is really bad! The Prime Minister has given complete freedom to the Army to tackle the situation. We very well know what does it mean. Very bad that he hasn't offered to start talking.

The process to convince the terrorists has failed miserably. Our arguments to take a full break from the terrorism and to mould the misguided youths in the mainstream has failed because of the indifferent attitudes of both the countries India and Pakistan. Instead of sitting for the process of the normalisation of the situation, all sorts of irresponsible comments are hurled giving a chance of further detoriation of the situation.
    If we go by the root causes precipitating such a grim situation, it is the cause of the unemployment of youths of both the countries suggesting the means to offer them some gainful employment. Such process would curb their violent activities and may help us in reaching a permanent solution.

Pakistan always has interfered and is always held responsible for spreading terrorism in our country but they have never accepted it. It was Kasab who was proved to be a Pakistani citizen but Pakistan always denied that he was not.

It's very serious because when our neighbour is like Pakistan we cannot be safe. In such a condition, we should have strict rules like Israel have against the terrorists.

Sanjeev

Sir: As far as I have studied, Israel doesn't have any item in their SoP to talk to the terrorists after any such attack. The prerogative with Israel itself. It itself decides to talk to the Palestinian leadership as per its own choice. Further, although Israel is bitterly divided on political fronts, no political party of that country demands to talk to the terrorists.

However, as implicitly desired by the Editors of ISC, I support the demand to talk to the sub-human terrorists and accept their demands. After all, we are peaceful people.

My respect for the brave soldiers who lost their lives in this deadly attack. We all slept peacefully day before yesterday and yesterday. We will remain to sleep peacefully because of them but do the politicians really think of a permanent solution?

It's terrible news and there are no effective steps taken by successive governments other than rhetorics and counter attacks. In every incident of terrorist attacks the whole country goes emotional and cry out loud to punish the perpetrators of these ghastly attacks. This is going on since long and all the politicians and stakeholders participate in debates to show patriotic they are. Has it solved the situation in any way? It is impossible to solve a problem unless it is addressed in a proper way.

Because of the constant threat from the terrorists, the defence budget is increased every year. Everybody is aware there is a threat from the other side and in recent times it is increasing. But what is holding every government back to address the threat? Every opposition in this country will condemn the attack at first and later criticize the government for their stance against Pakistan. In most of the cases, counter-attack offers a temporary solution and what we need is a permanent solution.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.