You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Name change suggestion for upsc

Dear Team.
    I want to appear for upsc 2019 but I have change my name after post graduation. On my 10th, 12th, graduation, post graduation certificate, birth certificate and caste certificate old name (Neelam Narendra Singh)is there. And on pan card and Aadhaar my new name is mentioned( Neelam Narendra Singh Saxena). From this year onwards upsc need id proof while filling up upsc form.

Kindly suggest what should I do?

Regards
    In UPSC examination, Xth Certificate, Graduation Certificate, Post Graduation Certificate and AADHAR Card will be required. And these four documents contain different names.

So, you are required to sign an affidavit and give classified advertisement stating that "I hereby declare that I am known in the name of Neelam Narendra Singh and also as Neelam Narendra Singh Saxena. Both the persons are the same". You will have to submit the copy of the affidavit and copy of advertisement at the time of document verification.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Only on pan card and Aadhaar card new name is there and I have gazette copy which states that I have change my name from old to new. Only one surname is added rest all name is same. Abd the issue is that which is proof should upload while filling form for upsc. From this year onwards upsc need id proof and the same has to be uploaded.

You have a copy of the gazette copy wherein was clearly mentioned your old name and the new name and effective date. Now when you submit your application and upload concerned certificates, you upload a copy of the gazette notification also along with your educational certificates and id cards. Then there will be any problem.
    However, I advise you to contact a good advocate in your area and ask him whether this Gazette notification is sufficient or you have to submit an affidavit also. If he says affidavit is required you can take an affidavit as per his guidance in which you can clearly give your old name and the new name and the date from which the change is in force. At the same, you may have to give a paper publication stating about the change of name at least in two newspapers one national and one local newspaper minimum.
    My personal experience says if the gazette publication is there, there is no necessity of affidavit. However, it is better if you get it confirmed from a lawyer.

drrao
    always confident

The gazette copy is sufficient to justify your name difference in your credentials. I do not think that you have to do any other formality in this matter. Keep all your certificates in two categories. One before the gazette notification and other after it. Accordingly your documents should match with it.

You should not face any problem in applying anywhere as well as during document verification.

Knowledge is power.

Only on pan card and Aadhaar card new name is there and I have gazette copy which states that I have change my name from old to new. Only one surname is added rest all name is same. Abd the issue is that which is proof should upload while filling form for upsc. From this year onwards upsc need id proof and the same has to be uploaded.

But while filling up the upsc form for prelims they required photo id proof document no. And they are telling to upload the same which has to be carried same for all the stages of exam. Now I am worried which id proof should I upload? Bcoz new adhaar and pan card has my new name. If they verify my document no. in database then on their data it will reflect my new name. They might reject my form. Require best suggestion and advice so that my form doesn't get rejected.
    And there is only 3 options to upload scan documents -
    1. Photo
    2. Sign
    3. Identity proof

• Sign In to post your comments