You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How can you manage without laughing?

This is an official website. This is the official website of the state party. It asks everybody to join. While asking everyone to join the state unit, the website states:

"Become a part of the oldest and largest political party in India who looted India for 70 years. The party evolved into the natural party of thugs after independence and a custodian and champion of anti-nationalism."

I am not joking. This has been stated in the official website of Gujarat state unit of Indian National Congress.

Many would deny the authenticity of this post. So, let me share the link: https://www.timesnownews.com/india/article/congress-gujarat-website-lok-sabha-elections/369094

Now, Friends! Let's laugh. It is beneficial for our health.
    This is what politicians do they defame other political parties to gain sympathy. It's very normal to see such comments during the election time but to see a comment like this from Indian national congress itself is very surprising and a cause to laugh at. Hehe he...
    Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

Ha ha ha! It's something that will make everybody laugh. Though the report says the Congress party has not issued any statement till now, I hope the party will thoroughly inquire about the circumstances that lead to this goof-up. This reminds me of the incident that occurred a few months ago when the Pakistan premier was in China to look for business opportunities. The state media was condemned everywhere for airing the wrong caption. I remember they have mentioned 'Begging' in place of Beijing.

In India, the general elections is around the corner and when this has happened in one it's state units, people can speculate many things. While hacking of the website cannot be ruled out, there may be some other reasons which can come out only after thorough investigations. I hope the party president will not make this issue like that of the Rafale deal, rather take effective measures so that this kind of things are not repeated elsewhere.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

It is the related Party which has to make statement about the contents of the cited reference. Since the Loksabha elections are on the doorsteps there can be several techniques undertaken by different political parties. With the development of modern technology, especially connected with information technology, many techniques will be played by the parties, in order to defame the opposite side. Hence one cannot simply make a comment on this post.
    tmsankaran

Very interesting observation by the author.

Whether it is fake or genuine it is a hilarious piece of writing and whoever reads it will take a serious note of this laughing pill.

During the election time such things happen in social media especially by the rival groups and people really enjoy it.

Knowledge is power.

It is really a matter for laughing and author is very correct in his presentation of this satire.

It is really a matter of grave concern that the people are using social media for such purpose of alleging and exposing others.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

It is to be clarified that this hilarious statement was prepared and posted by those who are managing the website. However, this beautiful but true statement has now been replaced.

Sigh!!!

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Mr. Partha, how sure are you that it was prepared and posted by those who are managing the website?

I have visited the home of Gujarat Congress official website, the URL of the official website and the one in the screenshot is different, which proves that it is a fake website and manipulated content which is been shared and spread.

Update-

Please google for the most wanted criminal India and look up in the images and see whose image comes up.

It's very easy to manipulate things on the internet.

I avoided this ridiculous thread for obvious reasons. Now I want the author to clarify.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

The author, in the main post, quoted the source. It has also been clarified in the subsequent response that the Congress party later rectified the error and changed the text.

So, no further clarification is required.

However, the author seeks the following clarification:-

How the statement "Please google for the most wanted criminal India and look up in the images and see whose image comes up" is relevant to this thread? Why there is no negative point?

Neethu gave an apt analogy relevant to the thread as it points out how one should not accept everything at face value. A discerning eye is a requisite tool as well.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Again, Mr. Partha, I am sorry that I couldn't make myself clear.

In the source link that you have given, please check the URL in the screenshot and then visit the official website of Gujarat Congress website. The urls are itself different so, it is quite evident that the message was not on the official website, but there is a possibility that it was on some fake website or the image was manipulated and then that screenshot has been shared and circulated.

So the point that Congress Party rectified the error, stands void because it was never on the official website.

When we read news on the internet, we need to be careful enough to determine whether its true or fake. We need to verify the facts, "as much as possible".

True. Fake news is being circulated in many sites by many people. Otherwise how a party can write like this on its website. As pointed out by Neethu, what the author referred may be a different and fake website.
    If it is really posted on the official website it is suicidal and no one can stop laughing on reading the content on a big party's website. Even a thief will never say that he is a thief until and otherwise it was proved that he is a thief.
    Everyone will always advertise their positives but never speak about their weaknesses.

drrao
    always confident

I am not into the discussion but to clarify regarding the technicalities, the screenshot is an archived page of the official Gujarat Congress website, www.gujaratcongress.in. We can observe it, if we see the complete URL of the screenshot.

The page now displays with a statement that, "The Congress party, however, later rectified the error and changed the text." If we can read the word "rectified" then this could possibly be something else during the earlier phase. Now the thing whether the same was a stunt being played by the opposition party or something went wrong with the source or even if this resulted from some silly mistakes from within the Congress party as this is the official website of the Gujrat Congress party & therefore outside interference is not possible at least for the current event, this may never get clarified to us. But instead of all this the members would agree to the fact that we have got with the whole lots of banners that crosses their limits in their messages shown in order to get the voter's attention & we will continue to receive such amusing quotes & pictures in the coming times as well.

The above may not get connected to in reference to the current context but to observe on the lighter side the Youtube.com is full of such comic videos of the leaders of status & therefore chill out & enjoy them.

In addition to the above comment of mine (#659273) & if we do remember than during the time the leaders were joined in one platform in the WB in order to unite the opposition parties, we heard someone mentioning the Bofors as the biggest scam instead of going for Rafale & this even continued for 5-10 minutes & then lately the leader made the correction. May be it was Sharad Yadav of Loktantrik Janata Dal party. Pl. correct me if wrong.

I got this through different news channels & you too can watch this.

Mr. Anand: You are right. The old man (Sharad Yadav) who regularly talks dirty about woman leaders mentioned Bofors, Bofors, Bofors throughout his speech. Dereck O'Brien rectified him after his speech.

So far as the current issue is concerned, I reiterate that the ridiculous comment mentioned in the Forum post was seen at www.gujaratcongress.in-----Join Us. When people started laughing, it was rectified. But I don't know much about the technical aspects

Ms. Neethu, Saji Ganesh and Vandana may please note.

It's a third party website that's shown in the URL that shows the archived snapshots of websites. If you visit the website to check the archived snapshot for 19th, there isn't any snapshot. Which could mean its either manipulated or deleted. Whichever is the case, one thing is for sure that Congress party workers themselves won't post this on their websites.

My point is, it is very easy to manipulated images on the internet with lots of tools already available in the virtual market. It's a child's play to manipulate an image.

• Sign In to post your comments