You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Where does one find good small hotels in Hyderabad?

In the near future, that is, within the next seven days, a friend of mine would be visiting the superb city of Hyderabad for a holiday with his family. He has been told of some place where the small hotels, that is, the mobile kind of small hotels serves the best dosas in the city. They are a food-loving family and like to freak out.

My knowledge of the city is very limited. Of course, in Chennai, one does find these in T.Nagar and in Adayar. However, since I do not know about Secunderabad or Hyderabad, members may please do let me know. The friend who has visited the city some time ago does not remember the place at all. This friend and his wife are after me to check with someone and let them know!

Rao Sir and other members. Please do give this information. He has also been told about something called MLA dosa and Upma Dosa. What are these? Is it true that some small hotels serve such delicious food?

Please do give details.
    Alas! Our good ISCian K Mohan from Hyderabad is missing from this site. He being a Tamil, could have recommended many mini-hotels where we get good Madrasi meals in Hyderabad.
    No life without Sun

I belong to Hyderabad too. Hi-tech city in Hyderabad is littered with cafes and hotels. The area I live in, called AS.Rao Nagar has many mobile stands, that are mounted in a van or in a cab. The food usually is fast food type in that. Those are good. You can find them after 6 in the evening. There are multiple food outlets and pizza shops.
    In AS. Rao Nagar you have an awful lot of experimental restaurants. Infact the whole secunderabad area is famous for its experimental restaurant chains. If it's just dosas you are asking about, there is a van that sells 50 different types of dosas at my place. To me personally Hyderabadi dosas taste better than Chennai dosas. They are spicier, masala is more tastable and the way of cooking is different. I've always liked the food here.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Thank you so much Sir for the information. In Tamil Nadu the spice is always less. This is because people out here do not relish spicy food. I personally like spicy andhra food. Am a pure vegetarian. There are few good Andhra hotels serving good food in Chennai.

Hyderabad is fell of small hotels where we will get good South Indian Dishes. These days in Hyderabad on the road side in the evening many mobile restaurants are serving good food. In ECIL cross roads there is a good small hotel by name Woodlands Hotel. The Dosas are very good here. In himayat Nagar there is a very good restaurants. Of course it is not a small hotel. Rates are also on the higher side. But food is very tasty especially for the people who likes a little spicy food this is the best hotel. MLA pesarat and MLA Dosa are very good in this hotel. The name of the hotel is Minerva coffee house.
    In Habsiguda there is a restaurant by the name Suprabhat. An excellent medium size restaurant and Idly in thi place is very tasty. In Secunderabad near paradise hotel there is a small hotel by name sandarsini. Excellent food. All South Indian tiffins are very tasty here.

drrao
    always confident

Thank you Rao Sir. My friend will positively visit each of these places. And when am there, I shall visit them too. It will be great to eat in such places. Sir, how did this MLA tag come to a dosa? Is any MLA involved in making the dosa famous? Can you please tell me the background?

• Sign In to post your comments