You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Is he fit for politics?

"I love the Congress Party, but I hate Rahul Gandhi" said an old Congressman. He added, "I have seen Pandit Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi as good politicians and Prime Ministers of India. Also, I have seen many other Congress leaders like Kamaraj, Kakkan, Bhaktavachalam, Chidambaram and Karunanidhi of DMK. They never disrespected their opposition leaders while in power or the Ruling party leaders while sitting in opposition. They were thorough gentlemen and gentle lady to praise and appreciate. They never spoke ill about other leaders. They never hurt the feeling of other party leaders. Whereas, this little guy Rahul Gandhi is an immature guy and unfit for politics. Though he is from a royal family, his speech and behavior are of a low-class man. He doesn't know how to respect other leaders, especially the leaders in power and elder to him. I have seen this little guy calling our Prime Minister Modi as Chowkidar(Watchman)RM is a lier, PM is a thief etc. Is he mad? This is not acceptable to any Congressman like me".

I think the good old Congressman is right. I too feel that RG is immature to politics and need to mend his ways to be an effective Congress leader. Presently, he is unfit for politics.

What do you say?
    "Rahul Gandhi" has been misspelt in the first para &the author can correct it & for rest of the details, we can't deny the fact but it is true in every sense. Taking an instance that even the immature can hit the ball to six sometimes but this doesn't mean that he can go ahead & become a good captain. Till date he is very much confused of its own stand with no involvements to the ground realities & even in the far future he doesn't seems to be gaining ground but sadly he is becoming the cause for the death of its Congress party but this party hasn't allowed the chance to its own great leaders but moving around with its family members may be the other reason that this party has been losing the ground.

In addition, I don't get the point about why many of us still continue to believe him as the future PM candidate that someone who is already on bail on the corruption charges with no achievement on his account but intends to go in favor of him. However lets see because the election is fast approaching.

I don't think Rahul Gandhi will become the Prime Minister of India at any point of time in the near future. His only agenda is to become PM. But he never tried to understand the needs of India and he never constructively suggested any one point for the development of the country. Once upon a time, Congress Party was full of eminent Politicians like Lal Bahadur Sastry, Morarji Desai, PV Narasimha Rao etc. But today's Congress party is a different party.

Unfortunately, in today's Congress, nobody is able to say the facts openly to the leadership and they are digging a grave to the age-old party. The trend should change. The party should come out of dynasty rule and real leaders are to emerge from the youth of the Party. Otherwise, there will not be any future for this party.

Now, what will be the role of Priyanka Gandhi I don't know. Bring her to the Party leadership is another indication that there is no person in the entire country who can lead the party except members of that family. A very unfortunate state of affairs.

drrao
    always confident

Starting as an immature politician showing no sense of responsibility and seriousness to the post he held, Rahul Gandhi became a subject of ridicule from every side. But by and by he appeared to graduate and showed a sense of growing up and taking things in the right way and spirit they deserved. That was when I started having a hope that Rahul can now be taken as a contender for the high post of party and if he ;earns and grows more mature and capable and behaves with responsibility can be entrusted with post of PM in future.

But my hope was too short-lived. Very soon he got swayed by some influence and swung back to his earlier ways, rather more worse. It now appears that he is thinking himself only in the level of a local political leader. He has shown that he cannot rise to the stature of a national leader and can even put the government in difficulty while dealing with international matters of serious importance to the nation.That the party is bringing his sister Priyanka to the fore, itself, is ample evidence that party has doubts about Rahul's capacity and ability.

Congress is a big party but sticking to the Nehru family may cost them much in the coming times. They have already done this mistake in the past but somehow gullible public went with them but now the scenario is changing and people may not accept it further.

It is not that they do have a problem of good people in congress. They do not want to take that risk of loosing the family legacy and it's advantage in elections.

Still they have time to change their strategy and in fact they should search a person in their party who is honest, hard working and progressive and can give a tough competition to the present regime.

You can't prolong your life based on family laurels.

Knowledge is power.

I have a serious request to others. On the eve of the General Election of the country, let us discuss those leaders who are capable of taking India to greater heights of glory in every field.

Let us forget the dynastic leaders capable of taking India to unassailable heights in the fields of incompetence and corruption.

Come on, have a fight. Don't shoot and scoot.

Except in 1999 & 2014 General elections, nobody was projected as the PM candidate from the opposition side and everyone who got elevated to the throne had not expected to occupy the chair including those from Congress PVN Rao and Manmohan Singh. Unless you get an opportunity to perform, you can't be judged as to whether you are fit or not.

Why to draw conclusions and decide the taste of the food before it is delivered and let the people of India decide who would be their choice?

Regards,
    Jagdish

Sun, haven't you heard Sri Modi badmouthing? Why single out Rahul? If Modiji can speak ill of our leaders, including Gandhiji and Nehru, why should Rahul exercise restraint? There is no point in trying to boost someone. I am personally against calling names but don't you think it is Modi who leads?

I agree with Jagdish that we should wait and see. We know those who criticized Rajiv Gandhi when he became our Prime Minister after Indira and we also know when P.V. Narasimha Rao became PM after Rajiv. And the results are well known.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

".......we should wait and see"--------Haven't we seen the great leader enough since 1996? His greatness can be easily understood from the pathetic condition of his Lok Sabha constituency, i.e., Amethi.

I am responding since a point has been raised. Why look at Amethi? Can we talk about Varanasi and the Ganges? And, can we top it up with 15 years in Gujarat (corrected)?

"Can we talk about Varanasi and the Ganges? And, can we top it up with 15 years in Gujrat?"----Of course. A comparative analysis of the development of Amethi during the last 22 years with last 5 years of development of Varanasi (which is the oldest existing city in the world) can be easily done and must be done. And if we consider the development of Gujarat (not Gujrat) from 2001 to 2014, that would be excellent.

Yes, he is absolutely fit for politics. In the present situation, there are only a few politicians who respect others or opposition leaders. It has become the nature of politicians in India to vilify the opposition leaders. They all are power hungry and can stoop to any level to garner public support.

There is no exception in the behaviour of Mr Rahul Gandhi, whereas it is very much expected that he behaves in a more mature way given his family backgrounds. Three persons of his family became the PM of India, but he should not take pride in this. They rose to that height because of their capabilities and what we see nowadays is Mr Rahul Gandhi is always bringing allegations and most surprisingly only one. Forget about who will be the next PM, only the election results will give an indication, but what about his agenda? I am not aware of any developmental agenda of Mr Rahul Gandhi, neither I am aware of that of the Congress party.

The only profound agenda of the entire opposition is to dislodge the present NDA government. I wonder whether elections are fought only on a single agenda of dislodging the present dispensation.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Is the author opined with the right communication or is being used as a satire against this personality. The author says (#660088) that, "Yes, he is absolutely fit for politics. " but the rest of the matter doesn't match with this which goes on with a declaration that he is absolutely unfit for the politics.

Mr Ved Prakash Anand, @ #660089, read the next line after the one you have quoted in your response. When most of the politicians are doing the same thing why somebody will be unfit if he follows the same path?

I took things in a different way here. It is not whether he is fit for politics, rather whether he is doing justice to the family that produced leaders of the stature of Pandit Nehru and Smt Indira Gandhi. His actions do not seem he is doing any justice.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Sankalan,
    Thus you agree that RG is fit for politics as he is from a political family but unfit for politics as an individual. Am I right?

No life without Sun

#660086, I stand corrected.

We are no longer talking about demonetization, farmers committing suicide, Rafale or anything else. That is the political (they call it surgical) strike. So, in that sense, Rahul may not be that cunning as Shri Modi is and may not be fit as a politician if looked at from that angle.

From the developmental angle and maturity angle also, the great man is not fit.

Saji,
    Is the death of 40 CRPF jawans on lover's day a politically created scene by the JeM terrorists? What UPA could not do in the past against terrorism has been done by the present BJP. We should appreciate his guts for his surgical strikes(2.0) with our good old MIG 21 planes with heroes like Abhi.

No life without Sun

• Sign In to post your comments