You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Olympics

The Olympics 2020 will be held in Tokyo, Japan , How many medals India is going to win?

The Olympics 2020 will be held in Tokyo, Japan from 24th July to 9th August. In the 2016 Olympics India bagged two medals, one silver and one bronze. P V Sindhu secured silver in badminton women singles and Sakshi Mallik in women's free style wrestling. India ranked 67th in the medal tally. It is very sad that India being number two in terms of population has not succeeded in making remarkable achievement in Olympics. Where are we lacking?. Are we hopeful of improving our medal tally at the Tokyo Olympics?
    I don't think we have any chance of improving our medal tally in the coming Olympics. It may maintain the tally of medals what it secured in the last Olympics. India is a country where there is no much encouragement to games other than cricket. Earlier times our hockey team was treated as number one team and our country got gold medals also in this game. But due to lack of encouragement, Indian Hockey Federation is not able to come up with programmes which will develop the skills of the players. That is why these days we are not doing well even in hockey. Indian Badminton may get a medal again and same is the case with wrestling also.
    India is doing good in cricket. BCCI is the richest board in that game in the world. Many Indians are having very good interest in this game and huge money is also involved in that game. Volly ball is also having a little following but our players not able to gain the skills in the game to get the medals.

drrao
    always confident

We might win some medals to account, but without any gold in it.
    We are good at sports, but when it comes to the Olympics, we are not good at winning medals proportionate to our population.

No life without Sun

This is very sad that in spite of being one of the most populated countries in the world we dont able to do well in the Olympics.

One of the reason is we don't allow our kids to focus more on sports but on studies. Also, we don't have good facilities for sports.

I think this time also we will not be able to win not many medals like the past Olympics. Maybe this time we will perform well in shooting, weightlifting. But not sure if we will be able to win the medals in these sports.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

The problem in Indian sports is that we financially support the medal winners so much that they forget the sports. Whereas we do not provide proper facilities to the sportsmen who participate in Olympics. Our present Minister of sports Shri. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore being a sportsmen by himself will understand the problems being faced by the Sportsmen and take corrective action so that we will more medals in the future Olympics.
    "If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• Sign In to post your comments