You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Resubmission of the article "The joy of visiting Kashmir in winter" was due to error.

Resubmission of the article under the title "The joy of visiting Kashmir in winter" was due to error. Here is the link if my article submitted.
    https://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/175963-The-joy-of-visiting-Kashmir-in-winter.aspx

I hope you would consider my request that resubmission was an error and accept my article after necessary changes.

Umar,

At the bottom of the page, in the box headed 'Publish,' you have to select the option 'Article is ready to publish'. You have selected the option 'Not ready to publish yet' and hence it will not come in the queue of edits at all. I or an editor could do it, but we would like you to learn so that you are aware of selecting the right option for future articles.

In case you mean, though, that the URL which you have given here is a duplicate and you wish it to be deleted entirely, let us know.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ma'am, Thank you for allowing me to learn on ISC. What you have mentioned is correct.
    It was due to an error, I will make sure the mistake is not repeated in future. I am sorry for the mistake!
    And I request you to consider this URL to publish the article.

Umar,

It's Ok to make a mistake. No worries. However, please check again. The article is still not showing up in the queue for editors' review and is still showing in draft mode.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ma'am, is it showing up for review to the editors?

why this article appears repeatedly three times in my article section in a queue. This is strange! and in the draft section, it is nowhere there.

Oh! Disappointed the way things have shaped for me on ISC. It was my sixth post and I followed the guidelines for all the posts so did I for this post.

Multiple links emerged after I received the first status of this post. The site was also not responsive as it was showing error while modifying the article.

Anyways, I respect the decision of rejecting my article. And even I don't want to see this link anymore on the site.

Am I still welcome on ISC or should I pack up?

Dear Umar,

Please calm down. Don't get angry & frustrated so easily and make hasty decisions without clarifying things. Your article has not been rejected as yet. I checked just now and it does appear under new submissions, so it has not yet been reviewed by the editors. This is the URL: https://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/175960-The-joy-of-spending-winter-in-kashmir.aspx. What was rejected were the four duplicates, which was the right thing the editors have done as, naturally, we do not allow duplicate articles.

How did those duplicates appear? The reason: when you saw the 'error' message on your screen, likely you hit the back button and re-submitted. Perhaps you thought it had not got submitted and you may even have gone back to the articles section and proceeded with the first step of submission of an article. Due to multiple times going back, editing, resubmitting, whatever, the article appeared totally five times! So one has been retained (the URL I have given in this response) and the other four have been deleted. Note that when you see an error message after your first submission, what you must do is go to the tab of New Posts and check if it has appeared there. You can also go to the articles' section and check if your article is listed under new submissions. Yet another option is to go to your own profile page and see if the article there appears on the right side under Recent Posts by Umar. These options can be followed for any section when an error message appears, to avoid duplicate submissions.

If at all an article is rejected or shifted to pending, the reason will be given at the top and if it is in pending status, you need to make the necessary corrections in your article.

Hope you understand now. If you still require further guidance or clarifications, let us know.

I am calm and trying to learn from you on ISC. However, why I said I'm disappointed is because I received not just once but three messages that my article has been rejected. I respect the decision after receiving these messages, I wrote.
    But I will be happy if my article is not rejected. Now I am cautiously trying to write and also trying to learn the guidelines for posting and learning different articles of some members and yours included to get more and more understanding of how this site works.
    And thank you for your guidance.

• Sign In to post your comments