Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

    Doubt regarding my degree certificate validity

    I joined for MA English from IGNOU University in distance mode in the year 2015. I wrote first year MA exam and then in the year 2016 I joined for B. Ed English ( regular mode) in MG University and completed it in the year 2018. I haven't completed second year MA yet. Since MA in IGNOU is valid for five years, if I write MA second year in 2020. Then whether both these ( B. Ed and MA ) certificates are valid?. Looking forward for your valuable answer.
    Thank you.
  • #660896
    You will be clearing the backlog or arrears in IGNOU and as you said that they allow 5 years for it. So, there is absolutely no problem on that account. Your both the degrees are discreet and intact from any legal point of view. So they will be admissible for any job or thing like that.

    Only thing is a question will be asked to you during document verification that what were the compulsions under which you paused your M.A. pursuit and went for B.Ed. and again went back to M.A.

    You must be able to explain this haphazard way of doing things so that the verifying authorities are satisfied with you answer.

    Remember, when you go for a job they will like to see how disciplined and firmed you are in your approach to academic achievements as they will be expecting same thing from you during the job also.

    So you might have reasons to do so but be clear and explicit about it so that it does not reflect otherwise on your approach to these serious and important things in the life.

    I will also advise you to go to the Ask Expert section in this site where you will get so many similar queries and I hope you will be much more benefitted with those answers.

    Knowledge is power.

  • #660911
    There is absolutely no problem with the validity if the degree certificate from IGNOU. You can pursue your master's degree in five years, IGNOU gives you this opportunity.

    I also have a degree from IGNOU, this is very much valid as other recognized institution of the country. So, you don't need to worry about the validity of degrees that IGNOU offers to its students after completion of their courses.

    However, opting for Bed while leaving you M.A. is OK, but it is encouraged to complete one degree first then go for a second.

    Wish you best of luck!

  • This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.