You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy Holi to all the members

Today is Holi. The festival of colours. it is celebrated in many parts of the country. It is also known as the "festival of love". Today people try to get united together leaving all differences between them.

Many people believe that the evil-minded Holika, the sister of King Hiranyakashyap was burnt by Lord Vishnu on this day. Prahlad became a devotee of Lord Vishnu even though his father never wants anyone in his kingdom to become the devotee of Lord Vishnu. He asked his sister Holika to burn his son by entering into a blazing fire with Prahlad in her lap. Holika had a boon which made her immune to fire. Her boon works only when she enters into fire alone. So Lord Vishnu burnt her to ashes and saved Prahalada.

I convey my best wishes to all the members of ISC on this day. Happy Holi to all of you.
    Holi is the festival of Colors. It is quite apt for Indian culture. India is with many religions , cultures, traditions, Languages etc., India is unique in all respects. Wishing you all happy holi to all the members and let holi spread more colours to the life of everyone.
    "If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

Holi is one of the main festivals of our country and it has got it's own unique way of celebrating.

In many states it is observed with much fun and frolic while in some states it has a lukewarm presence.

Some people do not like this due to various reasons and do not go out of the house till 2-3 PM the time after which it subsides in it's intensity.

Generally shops will get closed though some eating outlets and medical shops will be open.

Those who have interest in music and dancing, for them it is a suitable occasion to enjoy with friends and families.

Knowledge is power.

On the occasion of Holi (in Bengal, it is celebrated as Doljatra), I convey my best wishes to all Members of ISC. I also remember that on this auspicious day, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the father of First Bengali Renaissance, was born in the fifteenth century. My respect to this great religious leader.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.