You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Have you wished your Parsi friends today?

They have mixed in India's great society just like sugar mixes with water. They have given us sweetness. They have excelled in every aspect of life, be it industry, entrepreneurship, education, business, military, medical science, physical science, law, everything. They have helped India to progress and prosper. They have done it in spite of being a minuscule minority group. They have never sought the Government's help for themselves.

They have wished us during our festivals. They have participated in the festivals of other communities. Today is a very important festival for them.

Have you wished your Parsi friends today, on the occasion of Navroz?
    I don't have any Parsi friends. So I don't have the chance to wish them today. But I have wished all the members of ISC through my post in the forum section. Today's festival is very important to show our unity and irrespective of other differences today we have to wish all our friends without fail. This year the celebrations in Hyderabad especially in our area are not like every year I have not seen many people on the roads with their body covered with full of colours. Anyhow, through this post I send my best wishes to all Parsis a happy Holi Festival.
    drrao
    always confident

I appreciate the author's narration about the Parsi community. This is a community of well behaved and peace loving people. Though presently I am not in touch but long back there was a Parsi family in my neighbourhood when I was posted in Gujarat state during my active service life.

As I remember, they were very cordial and well mannered and never talked in a offending or aggressive tone. These are the people on whom we can proud and we can say that they are the real Indians and patriots.

The concept of Indian democracy was to live harmoniously and have a good patriotic bondage between the different religions. Unfortunately some of the fundamentalist people did not agree with this and wanted to have their own kingdom within the country and that led to all sort of problems which are still in unsolved stage.

Anyway, India is on a fast developmental path and there are hopes rising in the minds of the people for a brighter future.

I wish all the Parsi people in our country a happy Navroz.

Knowledge is power.

Being a Tamil Hindu, I do not have any Parsi friend. But I have served under a few Parsi officers. They are intelligent and smart. A very minority Parsis live in big cities. Is there any Parsi here?

A Happy Navroz to all Parsi members of ISC.

No life without Sun

Happy Navroz to all the Parsi people. This post has brought out a very important fact that there are some minorities in our country which are living here in the most normal and graceful ways.

I really appreciate the manners and attitude of these people.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.