You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Advantages of sugarcane juice

Every wondered why people are advised to drink sugarcane juice? Learn about its advantages and for whom it is suitable to consume and for whom it is should be avoided.

As it is a hot summer, I saw one sugarcane juice shop named as Lucky Sugarcane Juice. On the Board was written the advantages of Sugarcane:
    1)Sugarcane juice helps us to lose weight.
    2)Sugarcane juice helps us to avoid breast cancer.
    3)Sugarcane juice is good for pregnant ladies.
    4)Sugarcane juice prevents flu diseases.
    5)Sugarcane juice reduces cholesterol.
    6)Sugarcane Juice avoids tooth decay and stops the bad smell.

{Edited)
    While 50 percent Indians suffer from diabetes, I think sugar cane juice is not an ideal drink for all. It is good for children and healthy people only. Overdrinking of sugar cane juice would lead to diabetes.
    No life without Sun

Sugarcane juice is very popular in some countries like India, Brazil and Thailand where its production is high. It is the basic material for making jaggery, sugar and other such items.

The nutritional value of sugarcane juice is impressive as it contains significant levels of potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, amino acids, zinc, thiamin, and riboflavin. A glass of sugarcane is equivalent to 30 grams of sugar and can give 200 calories. This juice is high in dietary fibre and provides antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds, which are known for reduction of oxidative stress.

Due to so many natural ingredients the sugarcane juice is useful in boosting the energy levels in the body. The alpha hydroxy acids, specifically glycolic acid, present in this juice, has been linked to antioxidant effects on the skin.

This juice is having low glycemic index and when taken during pregnancy is very helpful in boosting metabolism, improving digestion, reducing symptoms of morning sickness and providing energy throughout the day.

Calcium and phosphorous present in the sugarcane juice are helpful in controlling bad breath and tooth decay. Taking this juice regularly boosts calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and manganese levels in the body which are the most important elements for strengthening our bones. The dietary fibre present in the juice helps in digestion.

Studies suggest that it helps in lowering the LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in the body which helps in prevention of cardiovascular diseases. The potassium present in the sugarcane juice helps in regulating the blood pressure.

As there is sugar in it the diabetic person should take it in limited quantities under the advice of a qualified doctor.

Knowledge is power.

Sun - just a thought: having raised this complaint, may I know who is responsible for the errors in your response number #661703 in this thread?
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

In summer sugar cane juice is very refreshing. But we should remember that we should not allow the vendor to add ices in that. The ice what these vendors use is made of industrial water and used for cooling systems in the industry. That water is not useful for drinking. So take sugarcane outside but not with ice.
    Sugar cane juice is having good health advantages.
    Sugarcane juice is alkaline in nature and its pH will be more than 7. There are many alkaline salts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese present in sugar cane. These materials will help in preventing diseases like cancer.
    It is good for the digestive system because of its high potassium levels.
    It prevents heart diseases as it helps decrease the levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
    Sugar cane is high in soluble fibre and this will help in shedding weight.
    Sugar cane juice is good for maintaining our skin in good condition.
    Somewhere I read that sugar cane will have natural sweeteners. These will have a low glycemic index (GI). So it works very well for diabetic patients also. But I am not sure of this.

drrao
    always confident

Vandana,
    Would appreciate if you send me a PM indicating the mistakes I committed. There was a typo. The word idea has been corrected as ideal. Diabetics(adj) has been corrected as diabetes(n). If there is any other mistake, let me know through a PM. Else you have the liberty/authority to correct my response.

@ To err is human(Member). To correct is God(Editor). I like your 'Tit for Tat' attitude. I am always open to check my English to improve my English. Also, I don't mind to check others' English. I use the PM facility for this purpose. We all learn good English through our mistakes only.

No life without Sun

1. Sugarcane juice, like any other fruit juice, is a strict 'no-no' for diabetes patients.

2. The author has mentioned that the sugarcane juice is good for breast cancer patients, twice. However, this fact is not beyond doubt.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

• Sign In to post your comments