You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is a challenge vote?

When you reach polling both and find that your name is not in the voter list, just show your Aadhar card and voter ID card and ask for challenge vote under section 49A and cast your vote - is it called a challenge vote? or Can we cast our vote with voter Id card? Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.
    When you go to your polling booth and to your surprise if you find your vote is casted by somebody else you can challenge about the same. Then the presiding officer may ask you some questions and he may ask you to submit some proofs and once he is satisfied with your answers and explanation he may allow to vote and give you a ballot paper. You have to write your name on that and then go into the polling booth and vote for the candidate of your preference and you can fold it as demonstrated by the polling booth staff there and then put in a cover, seal it and handover it to the presiding officer.
    drrao
    always confident

If my name is not in voter list and I have a voter Id card can I vote?
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

It is unlikely that you have an Election id Card, but your name is deleted from the voters' list. This happens only when a person dies and his family-members/neighbours delete his/her name from the electoral roll but do not surrender the dead person's Election id Card.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Finally, I got my name in the Voter list thanks to the election commission.Now I can vote

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.