You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How much will be the effect of anti-incumbency factor on the coming elections.

As per the dictionary, the definition of incumbent means the person or party in power. So anti-incumbency is basically the dissatisfaction of the public at large with the current Govt in power.

Now the problem is that our memories are of very short duration and we do not remember the problems we faced in the earlier regimes but only are concerned about the problems we are facing today. An interesting thing is that even if we were having hundreds of problems earlier, we are concerned about the only 2-3 which we are facing now.

It is strange but true that anti-incumbency votes sometimes change a regime even if this regime was the best among the past consecutive ones. What do you think about this situation?
    But this time anti-incumbency factor may not be very predominant. In general, the public is happy with the governance of the Central government. The Surgical strike, bringing the financial culprits vanished back to the country and some sops in the budget turned the tables towards BJP. So there may not be any anti-incumbency factor this time.
    In a meeting in Hyderabad, MIM leader started criticising Modi, immediately many people from the meeting got up and started going out. Immediately he has to promise the people that he will not criticise Modi. Then only they sat back. With this situation, I feel there will not be any problem to NAD this time.
    But in Andhra Pradesh, the vote bank of BJP diminished due to non-cooperation of Central government for the development of the State.

drrao
    always confident

In my opinion, Mr.Modi's BJP has got high anti-incumbency in many states in which it won in 2014 elections. The most important states like UP, MP, Bihar, Rajasthan, Chattisghar, Punjab and in all Southern statesBJP is facing high anti-incumbency. In my guess, BJP may face shocking results in the 2019 elections unlike the results in 2014.

BJP loosing 100 seats in North where they think to be strong.

Even if the voters are not fully satisfied with the performance of Narendra Modi-led NDA, most of them would again vote for NDA due to TINA (There Is No Alternative) factor. Who, from the opposition camp, can replace Narendra Modi? Rahul Gandhi, Mamata Banerjee or Chandrababu Naidu, Mayawati, or any other leader?
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

• Sign In to post your comments