You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Elections

Election Result Prediction by ISC Members

Dear ISCian,
    Just three days to go for our Election to our Indian Parliament. Everyone is curious to know who will form the government in May 2019. There are many agencies who have predicted the winner and loser and the Prime Minister.

Why not we ISCian predict the outcome of Election 2019.

Without putting much effort to write and waste your time, simply post your prediction in this thread. Your response should be only this.

"I hereby predict that ....................party will win with ............... seats and form the government with the help of other coalition partners.
    Mr.......................................will be our Prime Minister of India".
    Dear all
    "I hereby predict that Bharatiya Janata Party will win with 230 (Two hundred Thirty) seats and form the government with the help of other coalition partners.
    Mr. Narendra Modi will be our Prime Minister of India".

SuN of ISC

No life without Sun

Most of those agencies and news channels have predicted the election results based on surveys conducted in different constituencies across the country. They have the mechanism and manpower to conduct the survey.

I think this kind of predictions without any field study is just a hype and different people just predict whatever they think fit. Vote for the candidate whom you think fit and wait for the results. This is not any game, so I hope correct predictions will not fetch any special award.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Sankalan,
    ISCians are intelligent. They read papers, watch TV, hear debates, read the predictions of others. Thus every ISCian will be able to study and analyze what is happening in India and who will win the election to come to power.

Hence, you may post your prediction whether it is accurate or false. It is to keep this forum alive with interesting things.

No life without Sun

As per my prediction, BJP will form the government with 255 seats + remaining seats from NDA alliance parties. It is clear that BJP will lose seats because of some decisions which may require time to realize its potential. Second thing, manifesto by opposition party looks very unrealistic and because of that, most of the illiterate people will be carried away with it and vote for them. I believe we will have Mr. Modi as PM again. He must be given time to complete his promises otherwise they will remain inactive and be stopped by new government. One thing is sure, mahagathbandhan will not be the solution. Decision making is the key for development.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

I hereby predict that NDA party will win with about 300 to 310 seats and form the government
    Mr Modi will be our Prime Minister of India, This is my prediction. BJP may get up to 250 seats directly and the remaining will be for friendly parties.
    This is to happen for the development of the country. Otherwise, people will start quarrelling among themselves for PM post and other important posts. They will not have an eye for the public and their development. They think of their self-development only. SO I think people are wise enough to elect BJP/NDA this time to see that the development works will progress.

drrao
    always confident

@Paresh Gujarati Even it is N.D.A it is also again a coalition party so again decision making is difficult....
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Let me also play the role of future-teller. My informed guesses relating to the 2019 election are as under:-

1. BJP will get 240 to 270 seats. NDA will easily cross the 272 marks. NDA (alliance partners before the election) parties would easily cross 300 marks. My guess is that NDA will get around 320 seats.
    2. After the election, some more parties, especially from South India, will join NDA.
    3. The performance of Congress would marginally improve, but Rahul Gandhi, the present Congress President, will gradually become irrelevant in politics.
    4. Some caste-based, opportunistic and corrupt political parties will be decimated in 2019 elections. TMC will get much lesser number of seats.
    5. Last but not the least, Narendra Modi will be the Prime Minister after the 2019 election.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

BJP will get only 170 seats.

According to every major opinion poll, NDA should take 264–310. The lowest prediction is 264 (ironically those are made by Republic TV and Zee TV). Individual predictions for BJP are generally not available.

If the conservative estimates of the opinion polls are true, BJP should comfortably take the second term. In the worst case scenario, if they (NDA parties) have 264 seats, they would take the outside support of TRS, YSRCP, BJD or some other independents for a few votes.

"I hereby predict that Bharatiya Janata Party will win with 225 (Two hundred Twenty-five) seats and form the government with the help of other coalition partners.
    Mr. Narendra Modi will be our Prime Minister of India".

Honesty is the best policy.

BJP+ will form the next government and I have a small doubt in that prime ministerial candidate. (as I getting signals or vibes like that). Total score of 300.
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

My guess is NDA may get around 220 seats, UPA may get 160-170 seats and other parties together may get 140-160 seats. So after the election which parties come together will decide the fate of the next government.

In UP, MP, Rajasthan, Chattisghar, Karnataka if any drop occurs in the number of seats what they won last time it will be suicidal for BJP to think about forming the government. But there is a tough fight in UP where the BJP media itself predicting there is a heavy slump in its seat share in UP. Just a few months back BJP lost heavily in MP, Rajasthan, Chattisghar and a little back almost lost in Gujarat. Usually, what results they got in Assembly polls will repeat in this election. Even if they think they can get half of the seats what they got in 2014 in these states they will trail far behind their target mark.

There is a national pride and patriotism wave in our country.

I hereby predict that Bharatiya Janata Party will win more than 290 (Two hundred ninety) seats and form the government.
    Mr. Narendra Modi will be our Prime Minister.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

@662175 as your trying to tell there is no pride and patriotism before there is nothing like that (2 times you and 2 times me conducting elections waste of use)...

A spineless, corrupt Government controlled by such a family which enjoys every privilege but doesn't take any responsibility, can't take hard decisions based on national pride and necessity. Erstwhile UPA Government was the best example of this statement.

Predicting the election results is a difficult task as there are many social, political and local factors which affect the results of the elections.

India is a big country and there are many regions which are having their own ways of working and their ideologies are limited to the welfare of the local people only. They do not aspire for the national level politics also. A national party sometimes have a tough time in such situations and is not able to score even a one seat in that area in such a scenario.

The wave of patriotism and national feeling will also affect only those people who have already affiliations and following the BJP doctrine.

The opposition parties are also very experienced and have a history of ruling the country for a long time and they know the dialogues and speeches required to align the public or the voters in their favour.

People especially the gullible voters are not much intelligent to understand that worse is better than the worst. So, it will not be prudent to hope a large number of seats in favour of BJP and my guess is that they may get a figure of 240 to 260 that will be sufficient to form a Govt with the help of the allies.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments