Letter Writing Contest- Write a letter to your parent(s) and win prizes!There was a time when letters posted to friends and relatives from different parts of the country and even abroad used to keep our postal department really busy. The situation has changed and except for some official mails, we don't get to find a Postman carrying a bundle of letters to be delivered. In this scenario, let us try our hand at writing letters again. Let it be a revision for those who had been regularly writing letters and a learning experience for those who have never or have rarely written letters.
It is in this context that we have decided to conduct a Letter Writing Contest.
What you have to do?
Imagine that you (with or without family) are staying away from your parents. Write a letter to your parent/ parents. We would like you to come up with letters that are naturally expected in such situations. Please try to bring in fresh and unique topics so that one letter does not resemble the other. We suggest the authors be natural, in their ideas as well as words.
All members, including editors, can participate in this contest.
Rules and Guidelines:-
1. The letter should be in English only.
2. It should be a proper letter abiding by all the applicable rules, not for an email but one to be sent via postal mail.
3. You should start and end the letter with a salutation.
4. Put proper paragraphs, but avoid rambling letters.
5. We are not putting forward any word limit but please do not write lengthy letters. As has been said earlier, let us be natural in our approach.
6. Only one letter per member is allowed.
7. Remember that this is a proper letter, so slang, short forms of words and SMS text or emoticons are not allowed. Inappropriate language and bad words are also not allowed.
8. Please post your letters as a response to this thread only.
9. Participants can edit their entries at any time before the closing date of the contest but cannot change the contents as such.
10. Please do not post your comments/ observations etc in this thread. You may but, ask genuine doubts if any, regarding the contest, for clarification.
The contest will close on the 16th of this month.
First Prize- Rs 150/-
Second Prize- Rs 100/-
Third Prize- Rs 75/-
Please note that depending on the number and quality of entries we may give a Consolation Prize of Rs 50/- to one or two participants and may also increase the number of prizes.
So, what are you waiting for? Let not the ongoing elections interfere in your urge to be creative. Just start sending in your letters. ISC Posts is waiting for the same!