You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Which are the best regional language films on Amazon Prime and Hotstar?

I have an annual subscription for Amazon Prime Video and have recently subscribed to Hotstar to watch live telecasts of the IPL as well as the upcoming World Cup cricket and Kabbadi events. I have enjoyed a couple of TV shows (like Blue Heelers and Major Crimes) and would like to watch some good regional language movies, too, since sub-titles are available. I have seen a few South Indian movies with subtitles in the past when staying with a relative and did like most of them. Hence I would like recommendations from members of which are the good ones currently available on Amazon Prime and Hotstar, both. Even if you have not subscribed to either, I think the list of available movies can be seen.

I would be happy to know the movies which are worth watching on either Amazon Prime or Hotstar in Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam, and Bengali which are light-hearted or have an element of mystery. No horror, gore or depressing films, please!
    I will be watching Telugu movies on Amazon prime. Recently I watched Bharath Ane Nenu, Padi padi leche manasu and NTR Kadhanayakudu. Srinivasa Kalyanam also I watched. I liked Padi Padi Leache Manasu very much. A good movie. You can select from many movies available there.
    drrao
    always confident

DR Rao, you liked that movie the worst movie that I have ever seen in Telugu films. It is not a Telugu movie. Its a five-language movie(Telugu, English, Hindi, Bengali, Nepali) there is no concept in it and logic it.
    A blunt knife or rusted knife can't be useful for anything just for the sake we call it as the knife similar to PayTM series or Sachin or Virat records.

Likes and dislikes differ. You may like sweet and I may like hot. If you are not liking you can't say it is the worst movie. I liked that movie. If you have good movies on Prime Amazon you suggest in this thread as your reply. Then ME will decide herself which movie she wanted to see and which she don't want.
    drrao
    always confident

There are many good hindi movies on prime such as Raazi, Hasee toh phasee,etc and in telugu you have Arjun reddy, padi padi leche manasu, etc

Haami, Posto and Uma are some of the very good Bengali movies that are available on hotstar. Incidentally, all the three movies are child-centric. HD movies on hotstar and amazon prime could be best enjoyed on smart TVs. Even the Amazon fire stick is good enough as it transforms your ordinary TV into a smart one. I have been using it since last year and I am quite impressed with its performance. We have even disconnected our cable connection and now watch everything through the Fire stick.
    Patience and perseverance pays

• Sign In to post your comments