You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it

According to Charles R. Swindoll "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it". Here I would like cite one real and sad incident happened to a person recently in Bengaluru.

A young person who was around 35 years of age, got his wife admitted in a Hospital for delivery. He needed some photo copy of the document for which he visited a nearby shop and asked for a photocopy. The shop person after taking a copy demanded for Rs.10 for the copy. The young person asked shop person when the photoopy costs only Rs.1/- why he is demanding Rs.10/-. The shop person said it is a colour copy. Young person argued he did not ask for colour copy. The argument continued and ended in an altercation. The young person in a fit of rage slapped the shop person. The shop person retaliated and stabbed the young person using a screw driver. Young person died instantly on the spot.

The question is not on who is right or who is wrong. How the young person could have averted the incidence. Young person died. His wife delivered on the next day. Today baby is without father and wife is without her husband.
    This shows the immaturity of the people involved and also speaks about their tempers. For a meagre amount of Rs.9/- the matter has gone up to the loss of life. It is too much. The young man might have asked before getting the Xerox if he is so particular about the price. Or the shop keeper might have told that he is taking a colour Xerox and it costs Rs.10/- per copy. This might have averted the entire incident.
    One day I have sent my driver to get xerox copies of some big drawings and given him a 500 rupees note. He went to the Xerox centre and asked for Xerox. The shop owner told him that for one copy 50 rupees will be charged. My driver phoned up and asked me whether he can go ahead with that rate. I said OK.
    Unnecessarily going into big arguments will get us into troubles. Why should we worry so much for small things? It is true the matter is very simple but the reaction has been a severe one.

drrao
    always confident

It requires the patience to deal with in such situation. It is clear that the shopkeeper wanted to mislead and cheat the customer. Now it is up to the customer to react in a patient way or offending way. The situation was such that it was better to pay and ignore the mischief of the shopkeeper.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

• Sign In to post your comments