You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

EBook writing contest, write a chapter and win Prizes

Dear All,
    It's time for an eBook writing contest, where we will be discussing the life and career of a struggling teenager to be in the professional cricket team of India. You can choose the protagonist teenager character to be either male or female. However after the first chapter writer chooses the gender, say, female cricketer, the rest of the authors have to continue with that same protagonist throughout the eBook. Each of the chapter in the eBook should mark a certain distinctive phase in the life or career of the struggling cricketer. We will shortly start another thread where the contest will be announced and you will be able to submit the chapters. This announcement will be done after the members put in their names for writing the chapters in this thread. Therefore, please put in your names in this thread for submission of chapters as quickly as possible. You can also put any contest related query or confusion in this thread.

We will be initially accepting 10 names for writing the chapters in order of first come and first serve. However the regsitrations will remain open and as per the response of the authors or the requirement of the eBook, we may decide to keep the eBook open for a few more chapters. There will be a concluding chapter which would be written by an author, about whom we will reveal later. However, one thing we can mention here is that concluding chapter will also bring good news for the participating members. We will mention the names of the ISC members selected for writing the chapters in order in the contest thread itself. The members should submit their chapters in that contest thread. After submission of each chapter the next member will get maximum of 1 day to submit the next chapter.

We are not putting any word limit on the chapter as a chapter of an eBook can be detailed. However try not to make it too lengthy to avoid unnecessary fluff and boredom in the chapter.

It is a request to all participating members that please make sure that you will be available to check if your former writer has completed the chapter and you are free to write the chapter from then on. If after publishing the list of authors for this eBook, you feel that you will not be able to deliver on the day as the order of your name comes, then please inform us by writing in the contest thread itself. We will assign your chapter to the next author in line. This will give a fair opportunity to all the registered members.

So please start giving your names for this eBook starting now.

Prizes:
    150 cash credits for first prize winner
    100 cash credits for second prize winner
    75 cash credits for third prize winner
    50 cash credits for fourth prize winner
    I am interesting. I don't know much about cricket but I'll try my best.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I think this is an interesting concept. If the Editor allows me, I am ready to participate.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

I am also ready to participate in this contest. I hope that it would be an interesting contest. Please provide me a chance to write a chapter in this contest.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I want to participate in this e-book contest. Please consider my name for it.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I am interested in participating in this contest. Last time we had a good ebook contest and I enjoyed it a lot.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

I shall write a chapter, if permitted.
    No life without Sun

This is good that another contest is announced that on the life of a cricketer. I am also interested to participate if I was given a chance.
    drrao
    always confident

It would be an interesting contest. I would love to participate in the contest.
    shampasaid

Thank you for your response. Shortly, in another thread we will publish the names of the participants in the order, they have responded here. Just waiting for a few more names. So please hurry and register here for writing a chapter in the eBook. Meanwhile do keep your eyes on the new announcement threads.
    Live life Kingsize!

Please consider my name for this contest. I would love to participate in it.

I am interested to participate in this contest. The ICC World Cup is around the corner and at this juncture, the selection of the topic is really nice.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Ms. Joyshree: Kindly indicate the word-limit and other conditions, if any, before the first author starts writing.

Thank you Partha, I made the necessary changes about the word limit above , please have a look. As of now, no further changes in the rules and regulations and keep looking at this thread for the contest related updates and submit your entry when the time comes in the contest thread. The registrations are still open. So anyone who would like to participate can put in their names here.
    Live life Kingsize!

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

I will also like to participate in this interesting ebook contest.
    Knowledge is power.

I am excited, count me in too!

I have already submitted Chapter 2 in the contest thread. Editor may please note.

I have submitted Chapter 3 in the contest thread.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I would also like to participate in this contest.

One quick announcement, tomorrow, 10 am, that is 25th April 10:00 am is the time limit for the registration. You can put in your names until then.
    Live life Kingsize!

I have a query about the title. Is it not necessary to give a title for each chapter?
    shampasaid

I am too interested to write a chapter for the e- book. So, please consider my name as well for the e-book writing contest.

No further registration will be accepted. Further notifications if any will be posted here and in the contest thread.
    Live life Kingsize!

Sorry shampa, I didn't see your query. We are not making it mandatory to name each chapters as it belongs to the same story and theme of the eBook.

Now the names of the next lot of chapter writers are provided in the contest thread. Please have a look.

Live life Kingsize!

I appreciate the initiative taken by the Editor to conduct this eBook story writing contest. However, I would say that the eBook is not in order. The e-book should contain only the Chapters (Only the Chapters)not any other response from the editor or Managing Editor. This thread should have been used to allot the Chapters and to post the editor's instructions.

Sorry to say that the eBook looks like a Masala Mix with the story chapters, editors interference by their directions and instructions.

No life without Sun

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.