You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rahul Gandhi apologizes to Supreme Court for his remarks “Chowkidar chor hai”.

The Congress President finally apologizes & says sorry to the SC for his remarks under which in one of the public meetings he used the term "Chowkidar chor hai" for PM Modi. BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi had filed the criminal contempt petition in the Supreme Court in against to this to which the SC bench had issued a clarification that it had not made any remarks regarding the PM Modi's role in the so called the Rafale deal.

In the excuse the Rahul Gandhi said that, "The statement was made in the heat of political campaigning".

I hope so that to a great extent the facts would be clearer to us onto this context.
    Politicians do not think before they speak. They realize the mistake very late that too when court tells them that they have done a mistake. Otherwise they think that they can talk whatever they want to. Politicians should be more sensible while addressing the gathering. The words they choose during their speech matters a lot. People judge personality of a politicians by their speeches.

Some politicians think that by attacking and making scandalous statements against their opponents they could voters. But it is not true , they make their own judgments.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

He will go on apologizing forever. And the leaders of his party and media-people working in his favour will go on giving excuses. Even today, I have seen two-three eminent journalists/ television anchors have given some laughable excuses on this issue.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

All politicians are like this only they don't think what they should not speak. Recently the comment Ajam Khan used for Jaya Prada was very upsetting.

First, they use abusive words/comments and when they realise that their image is getting spoiled due to it they apologize. Similarly, it happened with Rahul Gandhi. He took a very long time though to realise his mistake. Or maybe its another political move by him.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

There are no values for these day politicians. They are the leaders and they should have a better control over their tongue. But they will talk very losely. That will create controversis. Then they will say I don't mean it that way. If you think it is a wrong word i ask for your excuse and he will also say sorry.

Many times with many leaders it happened. It is very common for RG of Congress. Why step in waste and why to wash feet. A person who is contesting for PM post should be more dignified. Tomorrow by any chance if he wins and gets elected to PM post and if he continues to talk like this what will be the value of the country internationally. Anyhow, chances are very remote for him.

Telangana Chief Minister, KCR used very bad words against Hindus. A BJP person filed a case with EC. He asked for KCR's explanation. He says his intentions are not to criticise the people. But many Hindus felt bad for that. What will be the effect on the voting pattern is to be seen.

drrao
    always confident

I have already mentioned in many of my thread responses that this guy is immature in politics and unfit to lead a party. People respect and honour him for only a single reason that he hails from the Nehru family. Today he sought an apology to SC that he made a mistake due to the heated election campaign. Tomorrow, he might say that NYAY was also his false assurance due to the heated election campaign.

If this is the attitude of a leader of a party wishing to rule India, What would happen to India and the Indians by an Idli born leader? He needs a good political mentor and guide to take him on the right path in the right direction.

No life without Sun

In spite of all sorts of bitterness, anger, sarcasm, irresponsible comments, immaturity and many other faults, sometime I feel for Rahul Gandhi. He is an unwilling horse, but he is being forced into politics.

Today it has become a trend in the politics. First abuse others and then apologise. There are no punishments for these offensive actions. Anyway, it is a good thing that with this apology some heat of there confrontation has been subdued. What can we expect from such leaders when they become the head of the country?

We have seen so many of graceful and composed leaders in the past and in comparison todays leaders are appearing as childish and immature. This is a bad trend and will be adverse to our overall progress and development.

Knowledge is power.

Actually, I was surprised throughout his speech whether internationally or nationally. When the statement was provided by France Government that there was no such meeting between Rahul Gandhi and the President. When in almost every channel the Defence authority came up and gave ample of proof and the internal functioning of a Government on Defence deal (which might not come out publicly) . But the said leader was keep going on accusing the Government just for the sake of the votes!

Its OK! you have internal problem and internal dispute but one should know what image they are keeping for our country in the international stage. Today the entire world know that how our leader who is shown as the next PM of India by many educated people, keep saying the false accusation. This will never going to give a strong image of our country. Its a slap on the people who stood behind him and supported blindly.

No matter which political party a leader belong to, his first responsibility should be not let his country down in front of International level. I feel every leader of this country should keep this under his/her mind.

Even the SC & the CAG has given their feedback on this deal & hasn't found with any misleading facts. We need to understand it.

Breaking News: The Hon'ble Supreme Court is not satisfied with the reply/apology of Rahul Gandhi to the earlier Notice. The Court (the Chief Justice of India) has expressed unhappiness over the misusing and distortion of his comments by Rahul Gandhi. The CJI has stated that he had never uttered the word 'chowkidar' in his judgment. Then why did Rahul Gandhi attribute this to his name (the CJI)?

The contempt plea will be heard along with the Rafale case next week.

Now, what would be the impact of this observation of the Hon'ble Supreme Court? BJP will immediately publicize the matter to the electorates all over the country. Congress will be severely insulted and its image will be further dented.

So far as the legal action is concerned, Rahul Gandhi may face imprisonment, or fine, or both. However, I feel that he will be asked to pay the fine with a severe reprimand.

• Sign In to post your comments