You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Winning is not important but taking part is important!

In my School days I participate in elocution (the skill of expressive speech) is the topic on sports as my father prepare me the script and gave it to me. I remember a quote in that "Winning is not important but taking part is important" as Dale steyn(fast bowler South Africa) in a Media Discussion told that if you are not capable of winning the cup then there is no pointing of going to the tournament.Is it a real sportsmanship?How many of the sportsman will really follow this quote "Winning is not important but taking part is important. Knowledgeable members "please respond to the question"
    Winning is also equally important. It is our ultimate aim to succeed. But unless we take part in the competition or event , we do not have chance of winning. Therefore the first step is to take part in the competition. Once the competition is over we should analyze and see where we have fared well and where we have failed. This introspection will help us to improve our knowledge and capabilities.
    "If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

I agree on participating in the event and trying our best is important. We may win or we may not win. Don't stop participating and trying your best. If you feel winning is not important and stop learning and practising and participating for a namesake is wrong.
    Once you participate, you should put all your efforts and play to your maximum capacity and play for winning. But don't get disheartened if you are not winning. Take this defeat as a lesson and correct yourselves and you should give a better performance in the next competition. Even then you may not win. Still, continue your attempts. In that way, we have to take the meaning of that phrase.
    Not participating in the competition with a thought that we may not win is not correct. All participants can't win. A better performer on that day will win. You need not think that you are useless if you are not winning.
    Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita told Arjuna that do your work but never expect the results. whatever results have to come those will come.

drrao
    always confident

Participation means you are bold enough to compete with others. It is only after participation that you know where you stand and that is very essential for the future efforts. Winning comes only after the participation.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

The first and foremost thing in this world to succeed is prepare oneself for the fight. The question of winning comes only when we participate in the fight.

There are many students who avoid many entrance tests on one or other excuse. There are people in the organisations who hate being interviewed for promotions. These are all the escapists from active participation. They are always apprehended about their success and in that fear they do not participate.

We have to remove this apprehension from the minds of the children as well as our own minds.

Knowledge is power.

Its reality of the life that we can't win always so we must have the ability to digest the defeat also. If we lose we will know how to win next time so participation is important. If we don't participate we cannot win as how can someone win without participating.

Winning is meaningful when it comes with efforts. Winning or losing is not important. What is important is how you lose or win and the learnings we get from the defeat.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Without participation you can not win so Participation is important than winning. You will learn on each participation and each learning will convert for next win. So keep participating to keep winning. Winning is result participation is verb or whats you are going to do in terms of task so can not compare for best.
    Winning we can compare with loosing only.

Santosh Kumar Singh
    (Sr. Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Technical,Mumbai)

• Sign In to post your comments