You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today is world book day

UNESCO declared 23rd April as world book day. It is a worldwide celebration of books and reading and celebrated in over 100 countries all over the world. This year is the 22nd year of these celebrations. The main aim of World Book Day is to encourage children to read books and providing them with a book of their own. We can't imagine a house without a book. We all should try to inculcate the habit of book reading in the younger generation.
    2019 is marked as the International Year of Indigenous Languages by UNESCO. Let us all share in encouraging the children in reading and writing in their local language and let us try to donate a local language book to the children in the house and make them read so that their reading habit will grow.

A happy world book day to all.
    Thanks to the author for this valuable information. Let us take a resolve on this World Book Day to start loving the books. Nowadays, we have started avoiding books favouring electronic gadgets. This new habit is causing harm.

Let us go back to books. This should be our slogan on World Book Day.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

It is good that world book day is being celebrated to bring the people again back to the books as most of the people have switched from books to smartphone.

It is said that books are our great friends and companions. This is true and they are a treasurehouse of information and knowledge.

Knowledge is power.

Its a good piece of information that today is world book day.

It's good to read a book because they are a good teacher and provide knowledge without fees. One should have the habit of reading books as through them we learn many things which we may not know. But these days the internet has taken the place of books as one can have ready information on the internet which is easy to get them to search books for the same topic.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

I thank the author for sharing this wonderful information and also thanks to Mr Partha for coining the slogan 'Let us go back to books'. Yes, we need to go back to them because we already forgot what we read earlier, or in that case, never read at all. We read during our childhood "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." We forgot that under the heavy loads of smart gadgets and keep on staring and tapping on them till late at night. We forgot the basics of a healthy lifestyle and blame many things for it. Let's read the books once more. Let's sift through those pages to find out what is missing in us. Let us read and tell others about it. I am sure others' will be interested too.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Reading books is a good habit. Reading books has many advantages. It enhances our verbal and writing skills in addition to improving our ability to understand and absorb the contents. Reading of books helps us to express our thoughts in clear terms.

Of-late, the reading habit among the people is on the decline. Main reason for this is Television and Internet. We have become slaves of Technology. We need re-start the reading habits and also inculcate the habits among our children

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• Sign In to post your comments