You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Athletics

Tale of Gomathi Marimuthu winner of Gold medal in Asian Athletics Championship

It was a day of celebration for the entire village of Mudikandam near Trichy. Their proud daughter Gomathi Marimuthu won the gold medal at the Asian Athletic Championship held on 24/04/2019 at Doha, Qatar.

Gomathi is hailing from a very poor family. Her mother Rasathi and father marimuthu are farmers with small peice of land. It is indeed a great acheivement by Gomathi in winning the Gold medal. It is heartening to note the condition of sportsmen in India. How difficult it would have been for her parents to bring her up to this level.

We all wish Gomathi best of luck and wish that she represent India in the Olympics and win a medal.

I would request ISC to announce a donation from the interested members to Gomathi. I volunteer to donate my balance in ISC.
    Congratulations to Gomathi for winning Gold Medal in the Asian Athletic Championship held on 24/04/2019 at Doha, Qatar. We should congratulate her parents for the interest they have shown in bringing their daughter the way she liked and allowed her to work hard in the line she liked. Many parents might not have allowed for these sports instead of asking her for regular studies.
    I think we can't do the amounts through ISC. Earlier when somebody suggested a similar but it did not happen. So we have to do it separately in some other way.
    I wish she will perform well in the coming Olympic games and win a medal there. The central and state governments should encourage this type of people who are rich in talent and see that they will flourish.

drrao
    always confident

• Sign In to post your comments