You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

I am getting error messages while adding projects in StatCounter

Have you ever encountered a problem with StatCounter? Yesterday, I configured StatCounter and tried to add eight projects to find out its various statistics. Out of those eight, four were configured successfully but I am getting errors in the other four. In the Statcounter itself, there is a support centre in which you can chat with their representative and during this chat session on a particular project, the representative told me that there is an error in the code of that project and sent me a different code which I had to put in place of the erratic code.

While adding the projects in StatCounter, I never applied any code in any of the articles and just clicked on the Verify Installation tab at the end of the page where the code is shown. It worked for the other four but in projects where there are errors, I found the complete link of the articles is not coming in the code.

The representative also told me that somebody must be working in the background to add the codes in all the projects and I must approach them with the new code the representative provided. I am unable to find a solution to it. I read the article related to configuring StatCounter where it is mentioned to apply the codes in the webpage. Please guide me on how and where to apply the codes and also the correct procedure to add projects in StatCounter.
    Sankalan,

Can you provide an attached image of the page at the point where you get the error? You do not need to add any code anywhere in the articles as such. Were you trying to create a project of a particular section of ISC or is it for some other blog/site?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ma'am,

I am creating the projects from the Articles and Forum sections of ISC only. The projects are related to the forums and articles I posted.

I am attaching herewith two screenshots of the errors which I think will be able to clear a few of your doubts.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Delete Attachment

Sankalan

Delete Attachment

I also tried to configure stat counter today for ISC, I am also getting the same message as to check the installation again and reinstall code.

Sankalan,

Please let us know if the problem has been resolved. Were you adding URLs of individual forum threads and articles /individual sections as projects? I may be wrong, but I think this will not work. I think you need to add only the URL of ISC. If other members have clarity on this, please confirm.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Ma'am,

The problem is still there. Earlier, I have added individual threads and articles but a few days ago I have deleted those individual projects and only the main link of ISC is there and I configured it according to your instructions in one of your previous threads. Even I have created another account with StatCounter using a different user id but the error is still there. I rechecked it but unable to find the reasons for the error.

Sankalan

Sankalan, one Project of Statcounter is for just one website only. You just need to add ISC URL www.indiastudychannel.com only and not the article or other section's lengthy URLs, as shown on your attachment.

Please find the guideline here https://www.indiastudychannel.com/members/StatCounterSettings.aspx - detail is here https://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/131206-How-use-StatCounter-track-AdSense-clicks.aspx

Regards,

Sir,

I have followed the guidelines and deleted the individual projects from my StatCounter account a few days ago. The error is still there. After that, I have created a new account in StatCounter with a different user id but there also the same error is coming. I am attaching the screenshot just taken a while ago for your reference.

Sankalan

Delete Attachment

Click on "Skip Verification".

• Sign In to post your comments