You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How to configure 'Stat Counter' on ISC?

Today I have tried to configure Stat Counter and failed. Can someone help me do it? I have registered on the statcounter.com. From there I am unable to proceed. Something went wrong. I want step by step procedure to configure on StatCounter.
    I also tried it twice and failed. I am eager to learn the process. I request a detailed answer to the question raised by the author.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

I also don't know how to configure Stat counter. I am also interested in knowing the same. If any knowledgeable person replies this question many members will get benefitted I hope.
    drrao
    always confident

I just now added one of my new blogs to my StatCounter account and had no problems, even though I logged in to the account after ages. All you need to do for ISC is to click on 'Add project', then proceed like this
    1. Put in the URL in the first box (Project URL). So the URL will be: https://www.indiastudychannel.com/
    2. Put the name of the website, namely IndiaStudyChannel, in the next box (Project title).
    3. Select India.
    4. Time zone - GMT-Asia.
    5. Do notcheck the box 'Make Stats public'.
    6. On the right side of the same screen page, select 'Invisible tracking' (the option for a customized button is there, generally may be used by those with their own website/blog).
    7. Select 'Email Reports - weekly, monthly, etc as per your wish.
    8. In the recipient's box, your registered email will automatically appear.
    9. Click on 'Add Project'.
    10. The next page will show a code. Now this is the important part. Here's what you need to do-
    (a) You will see one line in the code like this: var sc_project = 00000000 (eight digit no.)
    (b) You will see one line in the same code like this: var sc_security = xxxxxxx (a mix of nos. and alphabets)
    So you now have to enter this at this page of ISC: https://www.indiastudychannel.com/members/StatCounterSettings.aspx
    That is -
    enter (a) in the box for "sc_project value" and
    enter (b) in the box for "sc_security value"

Click on the 'Save' blue button. That's it.

I will request Tony Sir to check if my instructions are correct as given in this response. If more than one member has had problems in configuring ISC in the account, then perhaps it is some technical issue which only the Webmasters can resolve. Can you please let us know at which point you are getting an error message?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

What is the project URL? Explain point 1 in detail with an example.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Sorry, KVRR. Mixed up the first two. Project URL is https://www.indiastudychannel.com/. The Project Title is the name of the site, which, in this case, is IndiaStudyChannel. I will edit and rectify the mistake in my response above.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I have followed the guidance of the ME word by word. But I don't know whether I am successful or not. A message is coming that there is a fault in the system. I will understand after I get the weekly report after seven days.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

KVRR,

Please confirm if the problem has been resolved. It is not possible for Tony Sir to check individual accounts as these are personal with individual passwords. However, other members who are knowledgeable may be able to guide you further if the problem persists.

• Sign In to post your comments