You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Your opinion:Do you think there is a vast difference between polling and announcing results?

As we all know the polling is finished in Andhra Pradesh is April 11th, 2019 but the results will announce on May 23 rd 2019 as there is more than one month gap between these dates as there is no governance in the state all the development activities and important bills are stopped as there is a say in Telugu "Gadichina nimishamu mali thirigi radu" means if you waste one minute that will not come back. As you put time as a criterion do you think there is a vast difference between polling and announcing the results? Knowledgeable members, please respond to the question.

In our country, the speed of work and efficiency is so low that it does not make any difference whether the results are announced today or after one month. It is a fact and we should not feel ashamed of it.

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I don't think a lot of time is wasted when the polling is held in seven phases. The last phase of polling is on 19th May 2019 and the results will be declared on 23rd May 2019. Governance cannot stop in a state because of the elections, only new initiatives or bills cannot be taken up for discussion so they cannot be passed by the legislators.

The polling is held in so many phases because of different factors where security is a very important one. It's not an easy task to carry out the polling process smoothly all over the country in a short time. A lot of people are involved in the process and after taking into consideration all other factors, we may think a lot of time is wasted but I feel, there is no other option left for the EC to make the process faster.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

In a large country like India, we should not worry about the time taken to conduct an election and declaration of results. Just sit on the chair of EC to feel the pinch. It is not an easy task to conduct a fair and free election. We should appreciate the EC's teamwork.
    No life without Sun

It is true that there is delay in respect of polling dates and the counting of ballots and declaration of results. It would not be prudent to decide by ourselves the planning of the election commission in holding the election in different phases is wrong. There must be justified reasons in holding the elections in different phases. The main objective of the election commission is to conduct the election in a free and fair manner.
    "If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• Sign In to post your comments