You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Cyclone Fani - let us pray for everyone's safety

As per the latest reports of IMD, Cyclone Fani is expected to land on the coast of Odisha tomorrow morning, likely between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. and may affect other States in its path as well. Let us collectively pray together tonight at a given time, say 12hrs before the expected landfall, which would be 8 p.m., for everyone's safety and hope that the cyclone simply gets diffused. Likely this will be considered a daft, ludicrous suggestion, but no harm in trying and sending a small request upstairs at least for the welfare of people.
    We hope for the best and let's pray so that it weakens and do not affect anybody severely. Earlier we have seen the devastation any cyclone brings. Nobody wants that. Let's pray together for the safety of all.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

I pray that cyclone Fani gets diffused and doesn't harm anyone. Approximately 1 million people have been evacuated from the place where the fani cyclone may hit. One of the government officials said this the largest evacuation effort in the nation's history. Officials are worried for the Jagannath Puri temple as if it hits the city it may destroy the 850 years old temple.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

On the eve of the cyclone which is coming to the coastal areas of Orissa, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal, I am giving the link of two of my articles giving the dos and donts before, during and after the cyclone:-

1. What to do before, during and after the cyclone?

2. Personal experience of Cyclone Thane

I sincerely hope that at least some people would be benefitted from these two articles.

I pray to God for minimum damage and destruction during and after the Cyclone Fani.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

I pray God that He will help the mankind by weakening the cyclone and no damage to mankind. All our prayers will collectively reach God and definitely He will see that calamities will not happen
    drrao
    always confident

Many times the cyclone gets weakened by the time it hits the coast and I hope and pray the almighty for the same. Cyclone of severe intensities bring a lot of disaster with them and the disaster management groups have a herculean task in providing the relief operations to the needy. Though people are being shifted to the safer places, still the danger for the animals and other materials remains intact.

Let us hope it is not a devastating one and there is minimal damage and loss of property.

Knowledge is power.

We must thank our IMD for their accurate prediction of Fani's movement in advance to alert the people to be safe from Fani's attack. The angry giant Fani raising from the sea should calm down while touching the shores of India. Let him shower but not with a speedy wind force.

I hope Fani will listen to our prayers and diffuse himself, and will not affect the coastal people of AP, Odisha and West Bengal.

No life without Sun

As per the latest bulletin of IMD, the cyclonic storm Fani is moving northwards with a speed of about 15 kilometres per hour and lay centred at about 275 kilometres south-southwest of Puri (Odisha), 160 kilometres east-southeast of Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) and 570 kilometres south-southwest of Digha (West Bengal). It is very likely to move nearly north -north-eastwards and cross Odisha Coast between Gopalpur and Chandbali, around Puri today with maximum sustained wind speed 170-180 kilometres per hour.

Odissa Government, with close co-operation of the Central Government, has evacuated the tourists and local people. NDRF and SDRF are in a stand-by position. Adequate relief measures have been taken. There is no reason for panic. At the same time, there is no need for unnecessary adventure also.

As per the latest news Cyclone Fani is currently rooted about 65 km from 80 km from Puri in Odisha. It is expected that the wind speed of Cyclone Fani will be 185 KMP. The Odisha Government has already taken precautions to evacuate people form the areas like Cuttack, Jaipur, Khurda, Gajapati, Ganjam etc.,

We hope that Cyclone Fani pass off peacefully without causing much damage to life and property.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

Let us pray that the power of Fani gets reduced and everyone in the Odisha remain safe. We hope for their bright future. Hope government remain steady and besides the people of Odisha.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Our prayers for the safety of all the people caught in the path of the cyclone. Just now read that 3 people have sadly lost their lives. A baby girl was born at the railway hospital, Mancheswar during the storm. God bless her. The cycle of life amidst nature's fury.

The Cyclone has weakened marginally and has now been entering West Bengal with reduced wind-speed of 115-125 km/hour. The Odissa Government must be congratulated for deft handling of the crisis situation, otherwise, the number of casualties would have crossed 500. The Central Government is also providing all support and both the Governments are working in close tandem.

I have heard that the West Bengal Government has also taken adequate measures in advance. Now, let us see the real outcome of such measures reported to have been taken.

The cyclone is weakening now and we must appreciate the efforts of NDRF team and other volunteer agencies who have shown exemplary courage and sincerity in this difficult time. As the affected places were evacuated in time there are minimal casualties.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Cyclone Fani has taken toll of 8 lives in Odisha. Heavy rains with high speed winds on Odisha Cost has created havoc. As per the reports , Cyclone Fani is now moving towards West Bengal and it will continue in North east direction. It is also reported that consequent to hitting of Cyclone Fani, Puri and other places were submerged with water and many trees were uprooted.

Due to the Cyclone Fani, all flights from Bhubaneswar have been cancelled and Kolkata Airport will be shut down from 3 Pm today till 8 am on Saturday. Similarly the trains have also been cancelled.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• Sign In to post your comments