Why do apolitical army officers join BJP in large numbers after their retirement?All of us know that the officers of armed forces are apolitical. Their only concern is the safety and security of the nation. However, of late, we notice that a large number of army (and also airforce and navy) officers are joining BJP after their retirement. [Only Lt. Gen DS Hooda, former dGoC-in-C, Northern Command, has joined Congress] But why are so many high-ranking military officials are joining BJP?
Here, I would like to give my own logic on why the retired officers have chosen BJP over other political parties.
1. As per news reports, all these ex-army men believe that the country is in safe hands of PM Modi. This might be the major reason.
2. They know that Congress is the party which demands proof of surgical strikes and air strike and does not believe in the statement of Army Chief.
3. They know that Congress is the party which had made a great 'unbreakable' record of corruption and scams in their regime.
4. They know that Congress is the party which believes in minority-appeasement and vote-bank politics which are dangerous for our country.
5. They remember that during the UPA regime, the weapon acquisition became a zero.
6. Those retired officers know that unlike Congress, BJP is the party which has no record of corruption in the last 5 years. They know that unlike Congress, BJP is the party which has given full freedom to our defence forces (to deal with terrorist and their sponsors) and has done a lot for them.
7. BJP's track record in implementing OROP has impressed them (despite some shortcomings).
So, more and more retired officers from armed forces are joining BJP and this is a welcoming phenomenon.