You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Dissatisfied over CC allocation in the Ask Expert section

I am not a regular contributor in the Ask Expert section; I offer expert advice 'only' when I have knowledge on the subject. My responses are based on experience and knowledge that I have acquired and are not compiled through a quick Google search. I ensure that my responses to queries are factually correct and provide information that is being sought.

It is therefore disheartening to find that my second response to this question has been given the same CC as that given to responses that have failed to answer the question. None of the responses in the post, answer the question, correctly. In fact, even the author put a response stating 'Except Juana I did not see relevant answer.'

Please look into this matter.
    It happens on "Ask the expert" section that most of the responses are inspired by Google. Except for a few people who write an answer from their experience. The reason why I don't participate there these days is that I don't have an answer to the question people ask. Yes, editors need to review how do they award CC to the answers.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Madam,
    Indeed, a good question with excellent answers from all. You received the maximum CC Rs.15 + Rs.5 for your first and second response respectively. Is it not a great CC of Rs.20 in AE section? What more do you want?

No life without Sun

Juana,

We are checking this out.

Sun - responses are reviewed as individual responses, not added or subtracted from any previous response(s). So points and cc should be considered individually as well based on the response quality and value it adds.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.