You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I am back! want to contribute again

Hello Tony Sir, Vandana Madam, Ravi Shankar ji and all respected old members of ISC,

I am back again after a long gap. I was completing my BCA studies and finally I became a Graduate from YCMOU Nashik.

Now I would like to contribute something or the other always to ISC. Can I request to enable Adsense again for my work. I have added the account, but it's showing up as pending from ISC.

Warm Regards,
    Mohammed J Haider
    Welcome back Mohammed Julfekar Haider and congratulations for becoming a graduate. It is understood that you are not so busy, as you have completed your studies, and can manage time to contribute here in ISC. As an old member, you are aware of all the sections and if anything is added during your absence you can easily find it out after browsing the website. I am sure editors will help you out regarding the problems you are facing with AdSense and hope you will contribute here with more enthusiasm in the coming days.

Wish you all the best!

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Thanks Sankalan ji for your quick reply.

Welcome back and I know your feelings of coming back to the forum after a break. It is good that you have achieved your academic aspirations and can now again spare time for creative contributions in ISC. I joined here 2 years back and even if I take a small break, I feel something missing and come back here quickly. You will agree that this site is a bit different than others. As I am partly working in some other sites also, I feel the difference. The group here is much more informal and friendly. Then the various contests have their own charm and give a respite from monotony.

Being an old member you might be aware of all this but I just wanted to share my feelings. So, wish you a successful creative time in ISC during your 2nd innings.

Knowledge is power.

Welcome back to the site. I can understand the happiness you may be feeling after coming back here. It's good to know that you have completed BCA.

I know it's not easy to work on the sites when you have academic commitments. But I am happy that you have come here for second innings and wish you enjoy the site.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Thanks to all of you for your nice words.

Welcome back to this Portal ISC, Mr.Mohammed J Haider. Accept my congratulations for becoming a graduate and obtaining BCA. It is a real pleasure to work on this site and we will get educated and we will get many inputs. We are free to discuss many points here and we will get the views of learned members and that will add up to our knowledge.
    From your post what I understand that you are a senior member on this site. So you may be knowing more about the working style and processes on this site. There are might have been some changes from the earlier days to the present days. You can understand that by going through the help topics.
    I wish you all the best and look forward to interacting with you .

drrao
    always confident

Welcome back, Mohammed J Haider!

I checked your AdSense profile at your ISC account. It seems you are not as yet eligible for AdSense through ISC. Did you have an AdSense approved account independently of ISC or obtained approval through ISC earlier?

I suggest that you complete the criteria of providing your address (see the red cross against the first criteria at your AdSense profile via your Dashboard page). Secondly, all your old articles are far too short for current required standards. You really need to start contributing articles again on a consistent basis, focusing on good topics, quality content, good length text of 500 words or more and presenting it well with HTML tags. Thirdly, it would also be good to contribute quality content in other sections such as the Ask Expert section. Once you have good quality content to your name for the next three months at least, then you could apply (if you already don't have an account). On getting approval, the pending status will not matter as explained by Tony Sir in #5 in this thread.

Most important, please catch up on the updated guidelines of various sections (check red-pinned threads at the top of the forum and go through the Help topics again) so that your contributions in each section is as per the current requirements. In case anything is confusing and you require clarity, submit a forum thread and we will guide you.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Hi Vandana Ma'm,

Thanks for your kind reply. I already had an adsense account which I had used to associate with ISC earlier. I am already an Adsense approved publisher. So I just wanted ISC to enable my Adsense id on all my contents. I ave attached the screenshot of my status here for more understanding.

Regarding my old contents, what I can do is I can update them as per the new standards set here.

Delete Attachment

That pending status does not matter, as I indicated in my previous response. Don't worry about that. However, it is best to fulfill all the criteria and let there by at least five green tick marks at your AdSense profile page at ISC.

By the way, congratulations on graduating!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Now I have added my address and I can see 5 green ticks on my Adsense profile, but I am still not sure whether my Adsense id is being used on my old content or not so that I can continue generating adsense revenue. Please clarify Vandana Mam.

Are you able to log in to your main AdSense account at https://www.google.com/adsense?

yes, even I have already associated my adsense account with ISC. I want ISC to extend my revenue sharing for my old contents.

That's fine, then. As I said, though, you need to put in some quality contributions to see the earnings coming in. You have been away for a long while and hence under the heading of "Articles by the member" at the AdSense profile page, no posts show. For Ad placement verification by the Google review team, it would be good to have a list of articles showing there.

So does that mean that I will not be getting any income from my old articles.

Revenue sharing for old contents can be extended if they are worthy of getting an extension for them. What you could do is to check if the articles are still fetching traffic (open a StatCounter account via your Dashboard). If any of those are getting traffic, then republish them and use the edit button to update the content (if the edit button cannot be used, request via a forum thread for the article to be unlocked). That is, spruce them up as per current guidelines and make them more informative and in-depth with more text. If they are not fetching traffic, then focus on submitting new content alone, which should be your priority in any case.

Ok I got it!

I would request the rejuvenated Member to start contributing with 'josh'. Thereafter ISC revenue and AdSense revenue will start raining in his 'jholi'.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

• Sign In to post your comments