You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you agree with the statement given by Kamal Hassan?

National Super Star Kamal Hassan gave a sensational comment "Free India's first terrorist was a Hindu". Godse, a Hindu killed the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi. Kamal told all good Indians who desire an India with equality and where the three colors in reference to different faiths remain intact. But BJP thinking otherwise by supporting the majority they get favor from them even by ignoring other religions. Then is it divisive politics or not? When Hindus are in majority what is the use of appeasing politics of other parties?
    Godse killed Mahatma Gandhi because he was unhappy with the ideology of Mahatma Gandhi. He was not a terrorist neither he belonged to any terrorist group. He did it in his individual capacity and not for any underground terrorist outfit. We must understand the vital difference between an excited murderer and terrorist. People should use correct words in correct references.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Someone who prepares and commits violent acts alone is known as Lone Terrorist or Lone Wolf.

I heard that terror has no religion.
    Now I am hearing a terror has religion!

How you define a terrorist?
    Every murderer a terrorist?

In Paris, Christchurch or in Batticaloa, terror has no religion. But definitely, in case of Nathuram Godse or Sadhvi Pragya, terror has a religion. There is no dearth of hypocrites in India.

The person who has said Nathuram Gode was the first terrorist in independent India, has insulted a great religion like Hinduism. He must be punished. Simple! Not only BJP, but also all political parties must lodge complaint against actor Kamal Haasan.

But how many political parties of India have the courage to do so? They know that Hindus are either liberal or have very short memory.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

What is the relationship between a violent act and terrorism? Can all violent acts be classified as terrorism?

"When Hindus are in majority what is the use of appeasing politics of other parties?"-----What is the meaning of this sentence.

A meaningful debate is possible with a person who is adequately informed.

Why should we bring caste and religion into politics. This practice is started by Congress only. Even today many political parties think that by pampering minorities they can win the election. Nobody will find fault with them. Why only finding fault with a party which never encouraged any religion.
    MIM leader says he will kill all Hindus . Nobody bothers and they will not call him a terrorist. But a person who killed Gandhi Garu for the reasons better known to him is called a terrorist that to a Hindu terrorist. We are seeing many terrorist doing many unlawful acts but we will never identify them by their religion. In such case why to call a person who is not actually a terrorist as terrorist and identifying him by his religion. Such leaders should be taught a lesson by voters and no Hindu should vote for him and his party.

drrao
    always confident

In democracy anyone can tell anything about anyone but these statements do not carry any weight and those who resort to such statement lose their own reputation. People do not know the difference between a terrorist and murderer. A terrorist is a global threat while a murderer is a threat to a specific person due to certain reasons. There were so many invasions and attacks on India and the offences were on a regular basis for a long time still the Indians could not become terrorists to revenge with those external forces. This is a very soft and cordial race in the world and addressing them as terrorists is shameful and derogatory.
    Knowledge is power.

Dictionary meaning of terrorist is a radical who employs terror as a political weapon and often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities. For the religious purpose, some people are becoming terrorists. So we call them as religious terrorists. Anybody, who kills people on the basis of religion are religious terrorists. Then what terrorists have no religion? Similarly, Godse was a Hindu fanatic, for a religious purpose he killed Father of the Nation. Then BJP people honor because Godse who favors and love Hinduism. Are BJP supporters support the ghastly act of Godse? Actually, BJP bringing such divisive politics to create vote bank for them and saying sabke saath. Is BJP treat people of other religions of India as second-hand religions? What is the need of BJP and it's bhakts devalue Gandhiji in order to give importance to remove black stain on RSS?
    Follow these YouTube videos to know about activities of Hindu favor parties like BJP, RSS, Hindu Maharashtra Sabha, BJP etc.:-
    1. https://youtu.be/TdZagkGLhcA
    2.https://youtu.be/KQG8gqaWTVU
    3.https://youtu.be/Uq5SxIGGLso

Nathuram Godse birthday celebrations will be held in R.S.S and V.H.P offices as a sign of victory for Hindus. This is recent happened that Hindu group recreates Bapu's death shoot on his effigy to celebrate martyrs day this happened in Uttar Pradesh
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Mr Kamal Haasan is now in politics and at this juncture, most of the politicians are playing the religion/caste card. Every time this is done and we Indians never mind for it. If we are too concerned about these political leaders and their comments then they wouldn't be getting so much support from people around them. In this regard, I would like to ask the author a question. Can a person born with a religion, like all other features or religion is something that she/he decides on maturity?

Every political party is playing divisive politics in India and if people were too concerned about divisive politics of a particular party they wouldn't have voted that party to power. Why do religions come into the politics of a secular country? It's because we preach secularism but we do not practice it. The politicians know this very well and play their cards at an appropriate time to divide people.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Nathuram Godse was more of an assassin rather than a terrorist. He didn't terrorise the masses or any group in particular. He had targetted a person and it was his motto to kill that person only. So it won't be appropriate to term him as a terrorist. Seems, the superstar is out of his senses.
    Patience and perseverance pays

I disagree with Kamal Hassan. Nathu Ram Godse was not a terrorist he was against Mahatma Gandhi because of opinion and thinking. He had a different ideology than Gandhi. As per him the horrible things which happened after the partition led him to kill Gandhi. He believed that this was all due to Mahatma Gandhi. He said that if there were no massacre after the partitions his hatred towards Gandhi would have decreased. He had no personal grudge with Gandhi.

Actually, there is a difference between him and terrorist. Terrorist kill people because they have a motive to create a sort of fear but Godse is not had such a motive.

Also, it's noticeable why at the time of elections and after coming to the politics he has opened his mouth about this issue. Why he didn't speak anything before. It's shame on his part that he is bringing religion in politics. I am very upset by his statement as I have always considered him a gentleman.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Refer post # 664962

"For the religious purpose, some people are becoming terrorists. So we call them as religious terrorists…..."
    This is highly objectionable statement. Which religion is advocating killings? Which religion's purpose is killing of innocents??

Former Prime Minister Mrs Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her body guard who happened to be a Sikh. For that reason; you cannot label all Sikhs as terrorists.
    Former Prime Minister Mr Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated by a suicide bomber; a LTTE cadre. That group may have some sympathizers in Tamil circles. That doesn't mean that all Tamilians are terrorists.

In order to attract media attention some people stoop to such low level and give idiotic statements. It appears that Kamal hassan has either lost his mental balance or trying get publicity for his political party Makkal Needhi Maiam. He is incapable of making a distinction between a murder and terrorism. It took 71 years for Kamal Hassan to realize that Godse was first Hindu terrorist.

It is the perverted mind set of some people who cannot think beyond certain level. They need psychiatric treatment. As rightly said by Neeraj because of an act of one or few Individuals we cannot brand entire religion or community.

Mr. Kamal Hassan, is an actor of high stature , he has more responsibility towards society. By making such foolish statement not only he lowered his image but also ignited disturbances.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

This gentleman is good for acting, not fit for politics. He hopes to become CM because of his popularity in films. No doubt, he is a great actor, but not a mature politician. He needs to mind his words to prove himself a good politician. Accusing Godse as the first Hindu terrorist is not welcomed. He was not a terrorist, but he had his own feelings about Mahatma's decision for the partition of Hindusthan. Kamalhasan should take back his words and seek an apology to the Hindus. His party MNM is not going to win a single seat in Tamilnadu. Neither Muslims nor Hindus will vote for him.
    No life without Sun

In actuality, this actor went to campaign in a peaceful locality and he tried to appease the people of the locality by insulting Hinduism. Now, he will have to face the ban in campaigning. But he deserves a harsher punishment.

Aha! So finally Mr. Kamal Hasan has become a politician. In fact I too heard this and got surprise as how come an actor like him who has fan following from every religion, can throw such statement? No doubt it was just done to get "Vote" and nothing else. However, Throwing such cheap allegations on majorities?

Look, what I have found in the history of Indian politics. If you appease the minorities, you are a "secular" and if you are not, you are a "dictator". Past 70 years or more our politics has been gone round and round showing the democracy image. Then no one has point a finger on the ruling government. Now, when a government exactly not appeasing the majority nor minority, the fingers are points on the government.

What the current Government has done to appease majorities? Can anybody explain me? But, I can explain you in details what the previous Government has done to appease minorities! Actually, This current Government is not doing favour to Majorities neither Minorities (which was the earlier case). This Government is looking to the 125 crore people.

Coming back to the Kamal Hasan. When you have 100 bad things on your side, you just want to prove 1 bad thing (atleast) from others. The entire world know who are the actual threat of the world? And unfortunately, Kamal hasan comes from the same community. Again, we can say here loudly that the Terror has no religion.

Now, as Neeraj has said, so far we never got tired saying this that the Terror has no religion, I am surprise what would be say about this current Kamal hasan statement.

Politics and acting are both different things, Kamal Hassan should know this. By giving such statement he is reducing his image and respect among people because of his acting. Now people will know how is he in real life.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

He acted in the movie "He Ram" in which he played the character of Godse so he should know better about him as he would have read about the character more before doing the film.
    Sanjeev

– Abraham Lincoln

Gandhiji is also a Hindu. He never said that he was not a Hindu. So it is between two Hindus. Except for Killing Gandhiji, I don't know anything bad about Godse. So far in this thread also nobody has talked about other mistakes he has done to safeguard his religion. So how can we call him a Hindu terrorist? Gandhiji's opinions and the opinion's of Godse may be different. But Godse might not have killed him. That was a crime carried out by Godse. To that extent, everybody may accept.
    drrao
    always confident

Why Kamal Hasan is making controversial statements?
    Our national flag consists of three colors. Saffron, White and Green. Saffron stands for courage and renunciation/selflessness. White stands for purity, honesty and peace. Green stands for fertility faith and prosperity. Not that the three colors stands for three major religions in India that Mr Kamal Hasan preaching now a days! He is communalising anything and everything.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.