You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

It seems ISC editors have become lazy these days.

I have been noticing that the site has slowed down a bit and the credit goes to the editors. The contest Salt and pepper finished on 4th May but the results have still not been declared. I think they should be active enough at least to announce the results. Lately, I have not seen editors being active in the forum section which is not a good sign. Hope my feedback will be taken in a positive manner.
    [Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Sanjeev, while I agree that the results of contests should be announced at the earliest, I don't think this point needs to be raked up time and again. It is not the question of editors becoming lazy. Please do not cast such aspersions. As you are well aware, editors may be busy with their personal works or may not be well or may be engaged in some other sections of the site. There may be situations where some editors are on leave and the available rest are managing the show. Delay in announcing results may also occur when assessing the entries takes a much a longer time and the internal discussions carry on due to different reasons. These points have been discussed many times in the forum but it is disheartening to see experienced members taking the first chance to jump into conclusions.

The topic-based TOW entries are being assessed and the results will be announced at the earliest.

**And, before someone questions the deletion of two responses here, please, let us not jump fences in the name of sarcasm. Reading a thread or response and assessing whether they are fit for approval or otherwise is different from assessing entries to a contest. Let us be practical.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

I have been submitting my entries in month end TOW contest for quite some time and it is my observation that the contest results are generally announced in 12 -15 days time. So I hope it will be there in the due course. What I mean is, it is not delayed as per my earlier experience.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

As a new member, I am surprised that this educational site who do not have permanent editors? I am sure this site is earning huge sum and can keep Editors in salary basis.

Thanks for your timely response Saji. I understand that editors may have gone for leave or may be busy somewhere else but the question is why every time for the announcement of the results members have to ask. Do editors forget after starting the contests?
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Sanjeev, if they were to forget, the results would never have been announced. Or is it that what you want to put across is that the editors are always woken up or reminded by members? Won't that be stretching thing too far?

Anyways, as I said, the results will be announced at the earliest.

And Partha, it would be nice if you choose to stay within the limits. When two of your responses have been deleted and you very well know why such an action was taken, I don't understand why you are coming up with the same point, with convenient additions and deviations, again and again. All members including editors are equal here and we don't have prejudices or priorities. And no questions or suggestions are inconvenient to us unless the intention of the authors is to purposefully create such inconvenience. Please do not divert the thread.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance' - Confucious.

Generally, 10 to 15 days will be taken for announcing the results of the contest. That much time is reasonable as per the practice on the site. The results of this contest will also be announced within that time, I feel. Anyhow it is good that the matter has been highlighted through this thread.
    drrao
    always confident

I am sorry to be here again but would like to say that such irregularity at work comes, when you are not getting paid properly. Is this the case?

According to me, the thread have been referred to the ISC & therefore the interference from the other members doesn't suite the occasion. In addition, we all are aware of the stance in the different perspectives & therefore let's have some understanding instead of getting involved in unnecessary criticisms.

Being on ISC part & being as a member we are bound to follow with certain terms & conditions & we all are required to follow that with an understanding that beyond this nothing will work.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.