You must Sign In to post a response.
Please post your views, criticisms, predictions, assessments and everything about the ICC World Cup 2019 as a response to this thread only.
  • Category: Cricket

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (30 May 2019 to 14 July 2019)

The 12th edition of the Cricket World Cup-2019, officially ICC Cricket World Cup will be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 14 July 2019.

The 2019 World Cup will feature 10 teams :
    1. Afghanistan 2. Australia 3. Bangladesh 4. England 5. India
    6. New Zealand 7. Pakistan 8. South Africa 9. Sri Lanka 10. West Indies

The group stage format is a round-robin, where all ten teams will play each other once, in a single group. A similar format was previously used in the 1992 Cricket World Cup that featured nine teams instead of ten. This means a total of 45 matches will be played, with each team playing a total of nine matches. The top four teams from the group will progress to the knockout stage.

Let us all start our own discussion (Personal Views) :
    1. Team reviews
    2. Toughest Team
    3. Most Favourite Team of the Tournament.
    4. Match reviews (Before match & After Match)
    5. Game predictions (Everyday match prediction before the match begins)

Let the best team Win!
    Good information about the World Cup. Every country has to meet all other countries. That means there are no groups. This is a change from the last cup. As the tournament is coming nearer all cricket lovers are eagerly waiting for the game to start. I wish all the best to Our Indian team.
    drrao
    always confident

Looking forward to this interesting event of ICC cricket world cup 2019. This is a big event and all the teams will be looking to grab the titles. I hope the best team will come out to lift this title.
    India is playing good cricket, So their chances are fair but other teams are also playing well. Let's hope for the best team to win the World cup.

EX Captain of Indian cricket team Mr Azaruddin says that Indian team is the favourite for this world cup. He says our team is having all the strengths required to win the world cup this time. He says Indian bowlers in the team are very good and they can win matches. He says England will be in the second and Australia will be in third positions as favourites.

I am also of the opinion that India is having good bowlers and batsmen also. The young people are very good in the field and MSD is there to help Kohli in planning and resources utilisation. So there are very good chances for India to win. The first match for India will be with South Africa on June 5th.

But many people are very much tired in the just concluded IPL matches and they should give sufficient rest to themselves and then get ready for the big event. All the players require practice there on the pitches to get ready for the event.

Let us wait and enjoy cricket. Winning and losing is all in the game. But one should play for the game and the game should win always. All the best to Indian Team.

drrao
    always confident

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Jhonty Rhodes(South African cricketer) the ardent lover of India and his daughter name is Indiana(so much love for India) had told India has no chances of winning the World cup.
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Let me introduce the 10 teams and their full squads :

1. Afghanistan - Gulbadin Naib (capt), Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Noor Ali Zadran, Hazratullah Zazai, Rahmat Shah, Asghar Afghan, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Najibullah Zadran, Samiullah Shinwari, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Dawlat Zadran, Aftab Alam, Hamid Hassan, Mujeeb ur Rahman.

2. Australia - Aaron Finch (c), Jason Behrendorff, Alex Carey (vc & wk), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa

3. Bangladesh - Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Tamim Iqbal, Liton Das, Soumya Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah Riyad, Shakib Al Hasan (vc), Mohammad Mithun (wk), Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Jayed

4. England - Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jos Buttler (vc & wk), Tom Curran, Joe Denly, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

5. India - Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik (wk), KL Rahul, Ravindra Jadeja

6. New Zealand - Kane Williamson (c), Tom Blundell (wk), Trent Boult, Colin de Grandhomme, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham (wk), Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee (vc), Ross Taylor

7. Pakistan - Sarfaraz Ahmed (c & wk), Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abid Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik (vc), Mohammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Hasan Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hasnain

8. South Africa - Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (vc & wk), David Miller, JP Duminy, Hashim Amla, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Dale Steyn, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Imran Tahir, Tabraiz Shamsi

9. Sri Lanka - Dimith Karunaratne (c), Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Kusal Perera (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Kusal Mendis (wk), Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Avishka Fernando, Jeevan Mendis, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep, Suranga Lakmal

10. West Indies - Jason Holder (c), Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo, Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Nicholas Pooran, Oshane Thomas, Shai Hope (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Fabien Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Shannon Gabriel, Kemar Roach, Ashley Nurse

To me frankly speaking England and Australia are looking formidable the other teams all are alike. New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan have no chances of Winning the WC just they re participating. Rest of the teams have chances...

Nice information related to the ICC world cup 2019. This is going to be a very interesting event and I think India due to its expertise in the game of cricket will do exceedingly well in this coming match.
    Knowledge is power.

Mr. Bhushan: Thanks for your erudite expert's comment. I think that not only England and Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan also have fair chances of winning the World Cup.

By the way, can any other Member let me know why Zimbabwe (a Test-playing country) is not participating in this World Cup?

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Mr. Partha #167 :
    Zimbabwe miss out of a World Cup slot in 2019 is that ICC has not only cut the number of participating teams from 14 to 10 but has also introduced a new World Cup system.
    The lowest ranked ODI teams as of September 30(2018) play in a qualification event with lower tier sides, with the top two from that competition joining eight automatic qualifiers for the World Cup.

Thanks, Mr. Varghese for the information. I was not aware of it. So, Afghanistan is playing the World Cup but Zimbabwe doesn't.

In my opinion, England has a fair chance because they are hosting it. Host nations always have a better chance than others because their players know about the pitches than any player of other countries, also they are well adapted to the weather conditions of their own country.

Also, India has a big chance to win the world cup because they have a very balanced team and Bombrah being the best bowler in the world cup with batsmen like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and have an experienced player like MS Dhoni. We can't deny that we are one of the favourites in this world cup.

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Just thought of putting the World cup winners details(Attached)

WC-2019_Cricket.xlsx

Delete Attachment

ICC World Cup is one of the most awaited event that comes in a four year duration. All cricket fans eagerly wait for the matches of their favorite team. Cricket is game of uncertainty but the strong team always win. In this world cup 2019, I consider India as one of the most favorite team because of world class players like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Shikhar Dhavan, Hardik Pandya, Bumrah, Bhuvaneshwar kumar and K L Rahul. I do not understand why Vijay Shankar is selected in XI. He has not done well in his cricketing career of one or two years so far. There is no statistics which give him preference compared with other players.

India has balanced team and can give tough fight with England and Australia. One should ready for surprise in each game. Non world cup winners countries like England, New Zealand and South Africa has chance to prove their part and has a chance to win this year's world cup but it will be a difficult to counter attack India which is one of the strong team in current time.

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

• Sign In to post your comments