You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

These Cabinet ladies are very good at English than the PM

Some members have questioned whether Modi knows all the English alphabets. Leave it aside. Modi's cabinet ladies are far better than Modi with respect to English. They all can speak better English than Modi and have excellent oratory skill in English. Modi is good at Hindi, but not English. I grade them as:
    1.Smriti Irani
    2.Nirmala Sitaraman
    3.Sushma Swaraj

Do you agree with me?
    Yes, I do agree. But Ms. Sushma Swaraj is more comfortable in Hindi. Ms. Smriti Irani can speak 7-8 Indian languages very fluently (except English). Mrs. Sitharaman also speaks Tamil (her mother language) and Hindi very fluently.
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Yes. Three lady cabinet ministers are very good orators. Thy speak very well. They speak much better than many MPs. They are very good at English, Hindi and some other languages. They speak English better than Prime Minister. Many times these ladies shown their talent in speaking in Parliament. Smriti Irani talks very aggressively and Sushma Swaraj talks very extempore. The third lady is not Nirmala Srinivasan but she is Nirmala Sitharaman . She is a very soft spoken gentle lady.
    drrao
    always confident

Knowledge is power.

Sitha Raman speaks Tamil, Telugu, English, and Hindi her husband is a Telugu person who conducts debate (anchor) in Television whose name is Parakala Prabhakar (West Godavari A.P) and he was a political leader for some time in Chiranjeevi Prajarajyam party.He served as Communications Advisor, held a cabinet rank position in Andhra Pradesh Government between July 2014 and June 2018
    Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Wants are like horses as a rider we need to use the horse halter wisely in order to reach our desired destination safely-- Bhushan

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Here the main question is fluent English-speaking lady ministers of the Cabinet. Why have we started discussing the fluency of Modi in English? Why are we getting diverted?
    'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

One must be judged with his knowledge, articulation skills and not by fluency in English. We still consider a person no good if he does not speak good English. Language can be mastered by anyone at any time. But knowledge and other skills cannot be acquired by everyone. We cannot expect a south Indian to speak good Hindi. Similarly no one can beat Sri Narendra Modi in Hindi speeches.

Yes, if someone is good in English we should appreciate. But that does not mean those who are not fluent in English are bad.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

No life without Sun

O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!
    -Sir Walter Scott

No life without Sun

A very interesting topic! Some ministers in the cabinet speak English better than the Prime Minister and that has become a grave concern. How does it matter whether he speaks fluent Hindi or English? I hope all the members are aware that our former PM Late A B Vajpayee is the first Indian leader to address the UN General Assembly in Hindi. Does speaking fluent Hindi demean the status of the country? Certainly not. Speaking a language fluently depends on many things. A very important ingredient here is the accent, without a proper accent, the language will not be understood by others. One can always improve her/his abilities to speak a certain language and it's better not to criticize others for certain deficiencies.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.