You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Let us not take things too far anywhere, anytime

Of late, everything that we see or hear is taken too far. A cricket match is a cricket match. Even if it is an IPL final. And when Dhoni gets out there are thousands who call it match-fixing
    This is ridiculous. Dhoni made a very sincere attempt to reach his destination. Even if the umpire had made a mistake, none of us should call it match-fixing.

Similarly, it is ridiculous to talk about Rajiv Gandhi. The concerned officials have denied any wrong doing. It is a ridiculous thing that our PM Modi has gone to this absolutely dangerous level to accuse someone who had not done any wrong in the first place. We are always taking things too far. We need to be careful when making statements about anyone.

When will there be more sanity?
    Yes, it is true. All the individuals involved in this Bofors case got clean chit and the case was closed. The CBI on behest of BJP government, after a lapse of 12 years tried to reopen the Bofors case in SC, the CJI Ranjan Gogoi summarily rejected its entry. Believing that people have less memory, Modi disgracefully used foul language on a departed leader on the pretext of corruption.

Taking things too far is not required for many issues. But if it is required we may have to take to any extent. That depends on the severity of the issue and importance of the issue. Wasting time on unimportant issues is not a wise move. Our time is having more value than other things. But these days we will leave important things and go after unnecessary issues. If a person whom we don't like is involved in a small issue we will try to make a big issue of it. If we do any big mischief also we will try to underplay that issue. This is the order of the day. This tendency is there in all fields including politics. In politics, it has become a common practice to highlight the faults of opposite party leaders and telling lies about their party achievements. We see this in all parties. We can give many examples of such issues. However, this will be more during elections and once the elections are over and results are awaited these will come down now and the whole country is waiting for 23rd MAY 2019 for knowing the results of the elections conducted.
    drrao
    always confident

It is human nature to stretch things. We even conjecture things beyond their logical boundaries. Most of the people do it to derive pleasure out of discussions whether it is ethical or not.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I agree with Dr Rao.
    Sometimes, we have to take many things too far.For example, Corruption cases in astronomical numbers during Congress period.
    Why the Bofors case is closed after 21 years of investigation without any conclusion?
    I think, the case was closed because there is no living defendant except 70 year old Quattrochi.
    Mr.Prasant Bhushan says the case is to be reopened as there was a clear evidence of wrongdoings.

Are we aware of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots which got closed by the Delhi Police in 1994 for want of evidence during the Congress governance regime which than again reopened through a Special Investigation Team (SIT) that was constituted in 2015 by the BJP government? How this could be that after 1984, this is the first time a convict has been handed the death sentence after the cases were reopened by the SIT in 2015.

Why the same couldn't be possible during the long duration of the ruling of the Congress party? (The members talk of democracy & justice here).

Can this still be figured out of about why following the assassination of late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, over 3,000 Sikhs were killed across the country, with the most being killed in Delhi?

Let us not take things too far anywhere, anytime...………...When will there be more sanity?

If the things were not taken into account than that doesn't mean that something never took place but the thing is that for how long we will continue to sing with the same song but with different lyrics as for me this wouldn't do any good to our character certificate. During Indo-China war we were always told of the braveries of our soldiers but than why we were not told of the decisions that led to that war wherein we didn't have the equipment but instead the soldiers were sent in the PT shoes.

Is it true that the holidays of all the airline staffs including pilots were cancelled during the Indo-Pak war of 1971. Only Rajiv Gandhi was granted holiday and he even had a holiday in Italy? Pl. respond.

There are numerous things that were not included to our text books with our text books moving to around with the same chapters & that's what we think as an image of our country but than who would be responsible for this whole?

I completed almost 1.6 years in the ISC but seems to be that we have abused Modi more than thousand times while those found running away from the debate later on when brought to facts.

Have we ever have observed of our own achievements instead of blaming PM Modi?

We should be careful in making statements and making baseless excuses about the issues and happenings around us. Today people have become too involved in the things and conclude about various aspects without any firm footing or proof of the things. This type of behaviour is bringing aberrations in our life. We must avoid such mindless exercises.
    Knowledge is power.

Let us discuss logically. The Prime Minister stated that Rajiv Gandhi died as 'Bhrastachari Number 1'. Although many people don't like it, the statement is factually correct. At the time of his unfortunate death, Rajiv Gandhi was not absolved of the corruption charges.

Further, if the President of the oldest political party can go on shouting 'Chowkidar chor hai' without any proof against the Prime Minister and gets rebuked by the Supreme Court in the process, the Prime Minister has full right to respond in an appropriate manner.

Some of the Members do have selective amnesia.

'Nayak nahin; Khalnayak hoon main' (I am not the hero; I am the villain)

Does the author aware of the fact that the Congress President Rahul Gandhi irresponsibly & publicly referred the statement of CJI on Rafale with a note that even the CJI / SC has found fault with the process adding the same institution has linked Rahul's statement of "Chowkidar Chor Hai" to PM Modi?

And the Rahul Gandhi had to apologize when asked for the clarification. (Matter still sub judice with the CJI)

Main thread & second para, " It is a ridiculous thing that our PM Modi has gone to this absolutely dangerous level to accuse someone who had not done any wrong in the first place."

And Rahul Gandhi still continues with the same slogan during every public meetings.

Mr. Anand: When Rahul Gandhi can himself forget that he tendered an unconditional apology before the Supreme Court, some of the Members may be excused for their amnesia. They have forgotten who started the dirty game. They only remember what the Prime Minister said. Earlier I have clearly stated that what the Prime Minister said in respect of Rajiv Gandhi, is factually correct.

XYZ.htm

Delete Attachment

XYZ.htm

Delete Attachment

In this thread, the Author has made a statement that
    "It is a ridiculous thing that our PM Modi has gone to this absolutely dangerous level to accuse someone who had not done any wrong in the first place".
    I request the Author to substantiate this "ridiculous" thing that PM Modi gone to such a "dangerous" level

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.