You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Elections

Do you feel the election process is streched too much in seven phases?

Were the 2019 elections needlessly having too many phases is some of the States? Give your opinions on whether it is best to have a single phase of an election.

When compared to earlier times, the election process this time was stretched too much in seven phases. Previously, in some states in one or two phases the elections used to be over. But this time even in small states they are conducting elections in several phases. The elections are in one phase over like in AP, TS, Tamilnadu and peace was retained. But where the elections are in several phases, a lot of violence has been occuring in those states where the normal life of people is very much disturbed.

In every state if elections are completed in one day, it would have been better. According to the CRPF, as per police force availablity, in every phase a few states have been selected and completed the elections on the same day in that states is a better option. What do you think about it?
    So far the exceptions remained within the limits of WB or else we are not evident of any disturbances in any other states. In addition, Only one phase left & therefore let the EC be appreciated for this daunting job in the world's biggest democracy.

We had been informed of the dates in advance & hopefully this resolved to our query. Being in job in Delhi, I travelled to my home land in Katni, MP & have been satisfied with the arrangements.

Let this be part of our discussion & not to be meant for any criticism in any context.

Deleted. Wrongly posted

The plan of elections was chalked out by the EC for proper deployment of persons and police forces or central police forces for conducting the elections smoothly. I think that was a good planning on the part of the EC. Now some people are feeling that a lot of time is wasted in the process and to them the process is appearing stretched.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

I read some where that earlier also once the election process was for a longer period than the present elections.
    For conducting elections, the EC has to make elaborate arrangements. They have to plan Human Resources and other requirements to make the entire process successful. Even after making so many arrangements and planning they are encountering many problems.
    However it may not make much difference. Only point is the wait is more for knowing the results.

drrao
    always confident

Everyone will agree that these elections are of gigantic proportions and the Election Commission along with the higher authorities had already chalked out a plan for holding them so that they are carried in a proper way without any hassle or completing them in hurried off manner. Now some people are feeling that the process has been unduly lengthy and torturous. I do not see anything like that. I have seen some examination schedules of IBPS and other services where there is a three tier selection process and it takes almost one year to appoint an executive. When you want to do things in best possible ways, adequate time will be required. There is no intentional delay here. What one will get from that.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments