Lok Sabha Elections - 2019The Lok Sabha election, is heading to a close, with the final round of voting to be held today, May 19. The elections will be held in seven phases starting on April 11 and go on till May 19. The results will be declared on May 23.The general election 2019 will choose the 17th Lok Sabha and determine the next government.
Here is the complete schedule:
- The first phase on April 11 - 91 Seats.
- The Second phase on April 18 - 97 Seats.
- The Third phase on April 23 - 115 Seats.
- The Fourth phase on April 29 - 71 Seats.
- The Fifth phase on May 06 - 51 Seats.
- The Sixth phase on May 12 - 59 Seats.
- The Seventh phase on May 19 - 59 Seats.
In 2014, the Narendra Modi-led BJP swept to power, winning 282 of the 543 seats in Lok Sabha; it crossed the halfway mark of 272. The BJP became the first party to gain majority on its own in three decades. The National Democratic Alliance (NDA), the coalition it leads, won 336 seats. The Congress, which headed the UPA government for two consecutive terms earlier, could manage just 44 seats.
Some of the Key election Issues :
-National Security ( Pulwama attack, Rafale Deal, etc)
-Farmers ( Loan, Suicide, etc.)
-Unemployment ( New jobs, etc.)
-Religion ( Sabarimala, Triple Talak, Burqa, Ram Mandir, Bishop Franco, etc.)
-State wise favor (Flood-Kerala, Bengal, UP- Cow Slaughter,etc.)
As all will know the result on 23rd May when the counting will start.
Let's have a healthy chat/say:
1. Who do you think will/can win this election(Just a prediction).
2. Why do you think the said party will win.
3. What is your expectation from the new government?
4. Who do you think will be a perfect choice for making a PM post.
5. Any other view/say.
So guys be quick, as you have only 4 more days to give your valuable comments, as this thread will be closed on 23rd midnight.