You must Sign In to post a response.
This thread is the Winner of the TOW contest for the week 19th to 25th May '19.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

That one liner quote influenced the way you live..

Which is that one liner quote which had long lasting influence on your way of living and thinking and made your life highly positive in approach, compared to what it had been?

Yes. Sometimes, the entire gist of successful people's journey shall be captured over a single quote which shall act as a guiding tool for the aspiring lot to reach the success destiny. I propagate – not the people make difference in the society but their thinking pattern would. And the denominator which alters the thinking patterns of the mass are the quotes. They act as speed gears and fuel to let the potential aim at something productive to society at large.

One such quote that influenced me till now and way forward is this – "life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it".
    How true! We are no one to decide our fate or future, but we do have all the liberty and leisure to turn the devastation into accomplishment if the thinking pattern is changed or we put into use what and all have we garnered from our past experiences and from our peers. Isn't it the same thing what Lincoln did, what SRK did and what Jeff Bezos did?

What is the one liner quote – did magic to your way of living?
    There are many quotes which have impressed me but the one which I like most is - one in hand is better than two in the bush. Which simply means that we should be satisfied with what we have rather then yearn for something not reachable.
    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

Mine is my footer. I remember many other quotes from The Count Of Monte Cristo and The Picture of Dorian Gray. But this quote influenced me the most. It keeps me cautious.

One more quote I came across recently is - The strong will do what they want and the weak must suffer if they should.
    Brilliant! I have some other such one liners. "Different doesn't mean better" another one.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have been complimented by many people in childhood as an honest person. My class teacher remarked, " Your innate honesty will make you successful in future". This line by my teacher has always motivated me in life. Since then I realised that we should keep doing the good work. It's not that people don't acknowledge our good work they certainly notice them and give credit when they feel they should. I always believe we should be honest towards everything we do because that's why people trust us otherwise no one is going to have faith on us.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

Quotes inspire us much as they have big meanings in their small sizes. I have many favourites but one of them which enlighten me time to time is - If there is a will there is a way. It always reminds me that it is our resistance and lethargy that we avoid working and doing efforts. So, we avoid taking responsibilities and challenges. Until unless we have a will to do and interest in a task we will not be motivated to do it. We will be making excuses one on another to escape from that job and will say that there is no way to that. But the will is the supreme in such matters and if there is it then only the doors to do the task will open and success will be obtained.
    Knowledge is power.

There are many quotes in English as well as in other languages also. I have a lot of interest in the quotes and I try to know as many as possible.
    Basically, I am from a middle-class family. I am the elder son of my parents. I know the hardships they underwent in bringing their children well in their lives. My father always used to tell me and he tells me the same thing today also. He always says that don't go for loans. Keep at least 10% of your earnings as saving for your emergencies. He might have told me this many times. So I keep these two sentences as guidelines for my planning of expenses. These two lines impressed me like anything and Thank God, so far in my life, I have not taken a loan for my day to day expenses and I always keep some money in my bank account for emergencies.
    This may not be a quote but it is a piece of advice which I follow sincerely. Don't Go For Loans. Keep 10% of your earnings for emergencies.

drrao
    always confident

For me, Its " Life is an ice-cream, enjoy it before it melts". There are many other quotes too which gains its importance during different situation of life. The one mentioned , still keeps me going and very well said. We all have one life, filled with emotions, pain, joy, attachment, backstabbing, fear, losing, etc. We need to act accordingly. Enjoy every moment of life for even the worst situation will change & each situation teaches us something. so learn to enjoy for you never know when will we say a good-bye to this world.
    “Each day provides its own gifts.” —Marcus Aurelius

I have been inspired my many one-liners. However, the one that inspires me most is "Our destiny is in our hands". I don't doubt it as I have a firm belief in it. Whenever I start raising questions and criticizing or blaming others for the wrong they did to me, I start reciting it. Soon, I understand that I get what I deserve. I am exactly in the position where I was meant to me. This position was not allocated by anyone else. I was the one who decided to be here.

We spend our precious energy blaming people and circumstances without realizing that we always had and we always will have a choice. It is we who get to choose and today we are the outcome of our choices. We are what our thought process is.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.