You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

What are the benefits of being the Editor of this site?

Often I read that the Editors are here doing voluntary work. So, the work are done sometime slow as they are busy with their own personal work. But, nothing comes free? I am sure being the editor of this site they might have the benefit which other normal members don't have.

This site is one of the reputed sites as the old members and editors are never tired keep saying this. Can we discuss as what are the benefit editors get from here. It will really bring positive affect on the new member who would like to become editor later.
    In the ISC website, there is a drop down menu about how to become an editor. They are not paid staff but volunteers who are give a small remuneration for the additional role take on by them. The benefits of being an editor of ISC are listed here within ISC.

Thank you Natrajan. After reading the entire list, I found 2 points which we need to mention it here.

3. Most members get 1 to 3 year AdSense revenue share. But Editors will get life long AdSense revenue share as long as they continue to be in the Editor role.

4. Editors are paid small remuneration every month based on the number of posts they edit and based on the quality of the job they perform.

So, it means they get small amount every month plus Adsense revenue bonus unlimited (as long as they are editor). After reading this, I feel they are getting enough of amount to not to make any fuss of making delayed in their work and let suffer the normal member.

We post article after so much hard work and get only 1 year of Adsense? It should be known as how many members gets 3 years Adsense revenue.

Whatever I could understand during my association in this site is that editors are the volunteers in this site and making money just like other members except that they also get some points for their editing work. I do not think that they are making significant earning here. It is only a part time engagement. They are going as per the policies of the site and doing their editing work under that guideline. As it is a part time job and there are many submissions in ISC it is natural that they will take some time in checking and editing the posts and other submissions here. I feel that we should wait for some time 10-15 days for enquiring or requesting for anything related to our submission. We have to be patient in this regard as expecting everything to be edited and approved/ rejected in 3-4 days time does not seem practical.
    Knowledge is power.

True. No one will work free of cost. When we work for an organisation or an institute or a site we expect something in return. As long as we are employed in any place we have to follow the rules and regulations of the place and we will be paid as agreed at the time of appointment. Same is the case here also. The Editor job here is not a full-time job. They will work for some hours a day and the money they get will be proportional to the time they spend and work they have done.
    Definitely, an Editor will earn more than a member and he has some responsibilities also. So sometimes there may be some delay and some times it may be happening past. As a member, we have to get on with the system and continue our journey.

drrao
    always confident

@ 665687 .......:"So, it means they get small amount every month plus Adsense revenue bonus unlimited (as long as they are editor). After reading this, I feel they are getting enough of amount to not to make any fuss of making delayed in their work and let suffer the normal member. ".....

The grass on the other side appears green.
    Yes, I concur that the post of Editor or post further above have an edge over ordinary members in certain CC benefits and adsense benefit extension. But to become an editor one has to show certain quality and satisfy certain selection parameters. So every ordinary member can hope for becoming an editor when the opportunity arises if he/she satisfies the required criteria by being the best of the lot. All the current editors were ordinary members only.

However, have a look at the earning page/list and form your own opinion how much more an editor earns than a normal hardworking member . Certain level of ordinary members also get some extension on adsense earnings.
    But the criteria is consistency, quality and quantity.

If you have such aspiration you may contribute consistently in quantity and with quality. Additionally it is better to have a good knowledge of the policies of ISCs and general aptitude and attitude in editing, moderation and have the ability to bring good traffic.

You had started with showing good potential. You can aspire and become an editor in ISC if you work towards that goal.

However, "Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches...""

'I feel they are getting enough of amount to not to make any fuss of making delayed in their work and let suffer the normal member.'

The comment is in poor taste. I do not think it is right to discuss how much editor's make, leave alone make a ludicrous analogy, based on mere assumption.

'A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak' - Micheal Garrett Marino

Yes they have an edge in earnings as they get some additional bonus for editing work but that's how every site works. Nothing comes free in this world. CC for their hard work is desired otherwise no one will do it. Yes things get delayed on their part but that's because they may be having some other offline and they don't survive on the earnings they are paid by ISC.
    Sanjeev

" We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.